DO’s, CO’s, Prominent Elders being DF”d recently….

by cyberguy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Jourles,

This has got to be the David Madsen I knew at Bethel in the late 60's. Bethel office type, was in the society's first video.

By "lost" and "replaced" you make it sound like he was taken out of the circuit work. Is this the case?

Jst2laws

• blondie
    blondie

I know both Dave and Paul Madsen and they are not related. I'd be interested in Dave and Shirley if you find out, Jourles.

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby

It shouldn't take too long to find out.

If anyone should here of at least "one" of them and knows their name, it would be nice to make an effort to let them know of this place. I'm sure they would tell any others they knew to come here also.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Perhaps it is an urban legend. However............

there have been areas of Australia, like the area around Bethel where this has happened in recent years....or so I'm told!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Well I live in Florida and I have a Dub for an immediate neighbor, and I have heard no such thing. It would be encouraging to hear men in positions of power within the Jehovah's Witness organization having the courage to stand up for what they believe to be right when they discover the WT doctrine is a lie and to subsequently forsake the "position of authority" they so often lord over hundreds of members of a congregation with, but I doubt it.

Power breeds corruption, and why would a cheese-cracker man (thanks JT) with no formal education beyond high-school want to give up absolute control over families and individuals even down to what clothing they wear and the intimacies of their sex life? Doubtful.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I tend to think something is up recently, maybe some high ranking elders have turned and had some success - my 'ears' pricked up when I read this in the May 15 2003 watchtower:

'If a similar situation threatens the spiritual welfare of the congregation with which we are associated, let us completely reject apostacy and keep on walking in the truth. Since false teachers or individuals leaning toward apostacy can corrupt an entire congregation, we must maintain a firm stand against apostacy, never allowing wicked persuasion to hinder us from obeying the truth.'

• qwerty
    qwerty

DMouse................

wicked persuasion !

Don't you just want to bang your head! Now that is brainwashing!

Thanks for that DM, articles like that remind me of the reason I left.

Qwerty

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

I am one of those who just left in that area. We sent our letters to Bethel last week, and to our local elders. I also resigned from a position of authority. Not a DO or CO, just locally well known.

We just could not stand the WTS lies anymore, and our Bible-trained consciences would not allow us to continue supporting others who foist lies on the public as Truth.

Thanks to Maverick for the BN letter in a earlier posting. We utilized it and await the 'rest of the story'. I will post more later when I can, as this is not a good time to do so.

I must say, though, it takes a great deal of personal courage to stand up and say NO to the WTS, the local elders, and their crock of lies.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Amen, Brother Jo

j2bf of the been there done that class, who is now being shunned with the best

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((JoefromKokomo)))))))))

I'm sorry you're going through this. But I applaud your courage! When I did it I was 19. I think I was too dumb to comprehend what I was doing, but boy am I glad for it now. I promise it gets better!

j2bf...now being shunned with the best

Hey I like that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit