Jehovahs witnesses that believe its "The Truth" vs JW's who know it isn't

by Christian Gutierrez 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Hey guys! What do you think is the percentage of JW's believe that it is the truth and the percentage of those who think it might be some false or all false???

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

For me personally I would find it a bit difficult to feel pity for those who believe it might be false yet continue to shun family. I have known a few elders who spoke about their doubts on some doctrines yet continue to obey the watchtowers orders.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd say the vast majority DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY BELIEVE!

They are just going through the motions on the hamster wheel.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Christian Gutierrez

see this recent discussion here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6205543758692352/watchtower-doctrines-jws-most-commonly-dont-believe

and you can compare with the previous discussion here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/132878/percentage-jws-that-undercover

You could do a youtube video comparing the above two threads

• Chook
    Chook

90 % believe the bullshit

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Many like myself - pimo

I would Never ever shun family for those charlatans in their ivory tower

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This is just total guess work. I would say that those who know that there are problems in Gods imperfect organisation, and can rationalise it in their mind would be around 5%. Those that are full blown TTATT, grin and bear it, but don't believe a word of it would be around 1%, may be even less. Those that are open enough to express their views, and walk out for that reason would only be a fraction of that one 1%.

I think for many, is they just don't know what they believe or is going on. For example i physically stopped going to meeting about 4 years ago. Sure I was skeptical about some of watchtowers claims but I had absolutly no idea that the generation understanding had changed or what it implied. It wasn't until I visited apostate sites that I realised the implications. As I look back I just can't help but think how asleep I was.

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Thanks Darkspilver thats a good idea! 👍

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Not sure but we know a lot don't know even a small portion of their very own religion. Most of our family do not even watch the monthly broadcasts. We know more than they do and we are OUT. I think they just like to be told what to do and what to believe. It's a comfort zone!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Belief for a JW is better understood by looking at a paid corporate employee.

You are hired as an intern by a top company Exon, GE, Google, Walmart etc.

You are a newbie so you start to work your way up from the bottom proving your self a good worker....learning a new skill set, gaining confidence.

Then you read about your company running some cheap slave-like labor in 3rd world countries. Your disturbed by the report but management quickly covers it up with don't believe everything you hear. Besides which your getting a decent paycheck.

Bad news abounds with products misfiring, labor issues etc at some point your too invested to up and leave. You tell yourself you work with good people, you respect one another. The social life and perks are really good, your family is happy to be part of this large corporate world.

The sky's the limit........... all of these problems you hear about will get fixed. Where else can I go, keep the seniority, match my vacation days, college funds for my kids. Party and play with my fellow workers etc. etc.

Your in and you don't want to be out even though some company polices are questionable.

You conclude that your rewards are better then you can get elsewhere so you settle in and eventually just plain...... settle.

This is true in the corporate world this is true in the corporate world of the WTBT$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit