From yesterday WT, don't have kids and if you do then don't see them often nor the grandkids either

by purrpurr 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Unbelievable paragraph in yesterday's Watchtower was "encouraging" the sheep to not have kids. Seriously?! Most of their growth comes from the born ins and they are still on about not having kids?

Then it went on to "encourage" those that do have kids or grandkids not to spend to much time with them and instead to spend their time serving kingdom interests!

All this was swallowed unnoticed by the sheep...!

• Deleteandrestart
    Deleteandrestart

I noticed this too , in fact I was waiting for paragraph 17 to see what would be said and no one mentioned the not having children or not getting married, they just concentrated on the grandparents bit .... Not even the conductor brought it out .

So either they have mentally rejected this or were embarrassed by its stupidity. this is inner change going on I think .

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

Incredible end to the paragraph as well -

Such wholehearted service brings deep joy to Jehovah, who will never forget their work and the love shown for him. (Read Hebrews 6:10-12.) Would it be possible for you to make additional sacrifices to serve Jehovah more fully.

Way to go in making people feel guilty for engaging in normal activities like having and looking after a family.

I feel really sorry for all the childless couples who wake up when it's too late to start a family.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Do not go to the meetings, pass go, collect £200. Enjoy your Sundays.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Can someone post the full quoted paragraph please, or at least the reference?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Watchtower 2016 Apr Study ed. p.9 "Thousands of young Christian men and women are willingly sacrificing marriage or are not having children—at least for now—in order to serve Jehovah to the full. Older ones too may be sacrificing the time they could otherwise spend with their children and grandchildren in order to work on theocratic construction projects or to attend the School for Kingdom Evangelizers and to serve in areas where the need for Kingdom publishers is greater. Others set aside personal matters to share in service campaigns during the Memorial season. Such wholehearted service brings deep joy to Jehovah, who will never forget their work and the love shown for him. (Read Hebrews 6:10- 12.) Would it be possible for you to make additional sacrifices to serve Jehovah more fully?"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's statements like this that make me suspect they really believe their own nonsense. If they were cynical about the end times and more interested in growth, there's no way they would discourage having children, is there?

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Those who gave up having children in Rutherfords day are now dead, never had children, will never now. Jehovah takes great joy in such cruelty apparently. No sign of WT adjusting to be people friendly, shun, show loyalty by poverty and childlessness. Vomit at that paragraph.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Wait. Didn't they scale back the Need-Greater program due to lack of funds?

• Listener
    Listener

Someone forgot to remind Anthony Morris III and his minders that assist in writing/approving his speeches. The latest monthly broadcast was presented by him and the theme was on families.

He made this comment

"....can fight back against Satans efforts to destroy family...In the early 1900s the focus was on preaching the Good News, little attention was given to building strong Christian marriages and families, for a time marriage was even discouraged, well beyond the intent of the scriptures "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit