From yesterday WT, don't have kids and if you do then don't see them often nor the grandkids either

by purrpurr 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus' prophecy will shortly have a major fulfillment, upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time. They have chosen to remain childless so that they would be less encumbered to carry out the instructions of Jesus Christ to preach the good news of God's kingdom earth wide before the end of this system comes.-Matt.24:14." AWAKE! 1974 Nov 8 p. 11

It is interesting that a member of the Governing Body (tm) , Anthony Morris III, chose to ignore that advice and have a family and children of his own back in the 1970's. Yet as a member of the Governing Body(tm) he sanctions the same advice given to his fellow congregants today. He reminds me of a two headed snake speaking out of both his mouths, each mouth having a forked tongue!

• Listener
    Listener
    Slimboyfat- I'm confused how you're quoting Fisherman when he's not on this page

Woops, I was quoting TheOldHippie, my mistake.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
  • sir82
    sir82

Isn't it strange, Listener, how one often sees these contradictory statements?

Evidently, there are still serious differences of opinion between different factions at Bethel.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Huh?!?!

As listener already said, last months broadcast spoke about how the early society's period of discouraging families was"well beyond the intent of the scriptures"!

Now they go and do the same old stuff?

Seriously, are witnesses that STUPID so as to not see the contradictions!?

I really genuinely wonder if the average witness actually LISTENS to what is actually taught nowadays...are they that naive and gullible?

• prologos
    prologos

jwfacts: "brings deep joy to Jehovah, who will never forget their work and the love shown for him. (Read Hebrews 6:10- 12.) Would it be possible for you to make additional sacrifices to serve Jehovah more fully?"

It is amazing how wt can read the minds of "god". are children not supposed to be a blessing from Jehovah? and even evolutionist would agree , that without procreation to carry the genetic mix forward, there would not be present and future life? is wt stifling evolution?

Flag Dislike Like
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Do more, more, more; could never do enough, ever.

DY

• Satan
    Satan
    I know right! Literally most of their growth comes from born ins, and still 2/3 born ins leave!
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    It's statements like this that make me suspect they really believe their own nonsense. If they were cynical about the end times and more interested in growth, there's no way they would discourage having children, is there?

I have the feeling that they like to throw different things out there because they know it will appeal to different groups. For example they may have an article on how children are a blessing from Jehovah. This appeals to young families and encourages them to raise their kids "in the truth". Then you have a statement like this which may appeal to young couples who don't have kids who want to travel, learn a language etc. Now they have a way to do those things while still being super spiritual. They know that people are going to have kids no matter what, it is human nature, so I doubt they will ever feel the need to encourage having more kids.

• steve2
    steve2

When, since its incorporation as a Society in 1876, has the organization ever published an internally coherent message?

It's always been a combination of preaching-urgency and forward-planning on building up an earthly organization.

The "snag" of course is the failure of the world system of things to end according to the organization's timeline.

Rutherford, more so than Russell, pushed the "remain-single, and, if married, childless" message which has sat alongside JWs at certain times breeding like rabbits.

Post-1975 saw a JW baby boom in New Zealand. Was that a celebration that the world system had not ended or a distraction from its not ending?

My mother treasured her copy of Rutherford's "Children" (1941) which advocated putting the kingdom first in the "remaining months of this system of things". Of course, as a born-in loyal Witness until her death a few years ago, she married and promptly had six children. Women!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit