From yesterday WT, don't have kids and if you do then don't see them often nor the grandkids either

by purrpurr 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alive!
    Alive!

The Society seriously does your head in.

This paragraph extolling those who make sacrifices by putting off children, not spending valuable time with family but 'building' buildings - and then only a little while ago they acknowledge that such suggestions in the past have gone beyond scripture.

Enough.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thousands of young Christian men and women are willingly sacrificing marriage or are not having children—at least for now—in order to serve Jehovah to the full.

I was one of those thousands. What a terrible choice.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

If parents/grandparents keep away from their offspring, there's probably lots less drama for the elders to cope with.

The main goal seems to be breaking up families, either by shunnings or by time consuming org-worship.

Marina

• zeb
    zeb

Our house has returned to its normal quiet after the grandkids left after 4 days. Their energy and joyous bedlam was exhilarating.!

How did we ever do it!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

My son, wife and 2 children live in our house and we are really happy to see our grandchildren everyday. We got married in 73 and had our first child in 76...some relatives didn't attend our wedding because the end was so near and we should have waited...then 2 kids...I don't know how life would be without our family.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Better: Sacrifice serving joke-hova. Just think of how much you waste in field circus in the course of a week. Or going to boasting sessions. You waste gas (and vehicle wear and tear) going around in serving joke-hova. What do you waste on suit or dress dry cleanings? How much do you donate to the Worldwide Damnation Fund? How much is it going to cost to attend the Grand Boasting Session in its entirety this summer?

Now, I recommend taking the amount of money you would have wasted in a week, and going to the coin shop and seeing how much silver you can get with this money. Will it amount to a whole roll of quarters? Or, could you get several silver Eagles, Kookaburras, or Maple Leafs? You might choose to mix things up, especially if you are putting Grand Boasting Session money into the mix or you are a regular pious-sneer. You can also order online if you so choose. You keep the silver.

When you get your hands on this silver, ponder if it's worth wasting this much silver each week for a god that wants you to die off? These policies are blatantly genocidal. If everyone did this, the birth rate would be zero, and after this generation, the whole human race would die off. Totally. Is this the type of god you are wasting that small handful of silver on serving?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

your silver gimmick is getting old. time to switch it up.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

I was one of those couples who left back the possibility of raising children. What a silly choice.

It is one of the major sources of stress within a young couple. I'm quite amazed JW are really awakening with such kind of statements.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

in yesterday's Watchtower was "encouraging" the sheep to not have kids.

Finally some good advice. In their own stupidity, they end up giving the only good advice they have to give.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

your silver gimmick is getting old. time to switch it up.

no no, don't. I don't know who he/she is but i love reading those. It's almost convincing me that the dollar will really turn into toilet paper soon. Might be some truth to this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit