WHY DOES THE 'PHONE ALWAYS RING WHEN I'M ON THE LOO?

by Dansk 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SYN
    SYN

This is what cellphones were made for.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Sods Law my friend, sods law.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Take the phone into the loo with you. That way it'll NEVER ring while you are in there.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Answering machines do work well. We've used one at home for many years. People will tell you they won't leave a message. They will even go so far as to say to the machine: "I don't like these contraptions, so I'm not leaving a message". That's what my dad did for the first several calls. (bless his heart, when he was alive) My mother, (during her "not shunning me" period) would talk to the machine as if it could tell her exactly what to do next , even after the beep had gone off and she was to leave her message. After the beginning statement of "well, I don't know if this thing is working" she'd mumble something to the affect that it must not be working and then hang up. Many times, we'd be nearby enough to hear all of this. Quite funny, actually.

We chose to answer the phone, when we want to. Sometimes, we turn off the ringer, so we don't even hear it ring. If we are trying to sleep, or if we are ill and resting, or if we simply are just tired of ringing phones. We both have to listen to them all day long at work.

I might be right next to it and ignore it completely. It's usually telemarketers anyway, and on the ocassion when I recognize who the caller is, and want to engage in conversation, I go ahead and pick up. This really annoys my son, although I've not done it to him. He thinks it's rude to "listen to a caller" and not pick up. But, he has Caller ID. I ask him "what's the difference?". If he sees a number he doesn't recognize, he doesn't pick up. Even if he sees who it is and is busy doing something else, he doesn't pick up. Same thing to me.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi DANSK, Good thing Ehud didn't come into the LOO.He helped Eglon ease nature.That's one guy you don't want calling you on the phone. ( Judges 3:18-25 )

Of cause that's only if the Bible is based on fact.In this case you could say that the story about Eglon is full of --it.

Blueblades

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    WHY DOES THE 'PHONE ALWAYS RING WHEN I'M ON THE LOO?

I wouldn't use the same plumber next time you're renovating!

• Francois
    Francois

Could someone tell me what "loo" is short for, or long for, or whatever?

How 'bout "bog" whazat?

francois

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Francois,

Could someone tell me what "loo" is short for, or long for, or whatever?

How 'bout "bog" whazat?

These are good questions! I looked them up in my dictionary and the definition for both just says: British, informal a toilet!

Well I bet that shook ya rigid, mate!

Anyone know the derivatives? And where is 'The John' derived from?

Dansk

• Valis
    Valis

there was a man named Dansk
    who had a smell in his pants
    he went to the loo
    to take a great poo
    when the phone did ring
    he did sing
    boo-hoo...

• Dansk
    Dansk