The handling of child abuse allegations

by Landy 78 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Landy
    Landy

Fair enough - so you would call the police against the wishes of an adult who wants to report it to the elders.

FWIW - I agree - I don't think the elders have any right to investigate child abuse and certainly not to question the victim in anyway.

Once the allegation is made how would you handle safeguarding?

In the environment you keep referring to it's the say as you just suspend the individual concerned - that's more difficult in a religious organisation.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    What makes the police so adequately qualified to sort these things out? Unless there is a real pattern and something that is actually verifiable, even if it's true, sometimes we have to let bygones be bygones.

wow this is incredibly stupid. So exactly who should conduct an investigation to see if "something is actually verifiable"?

This type of abuse is a crime. Logically it is the police who should investigate the crime. Your approach of "let bygones be bygones" only means that you are inadequate to be a parent, and if you are, someone should immediately remove them from your control.

• just fine
    just fine

Call the police, let them investigate. My husband is also in a profession where he has to report even a suspicion of abuse. It's up to the police to investigate, not people who have no training or experience. The police in my area take abuse seriously and go to training, host seminars on how to protect children.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Landy,

Everyone of your incidents should be reported to the authorities even the one where the woman does not want charges to be filed.

The reason is other women may have already come forward to authorties and they may have a pending case on this perpetrator. If they are following this person you are protecting other women from future abuse. I DO NOT buy this theory that you can pray away this sinful behavior, these abusers go from one victim to their next victim. Just look at the ARC what they had like 1,006 perpetrators and somewhere around 1,700 victims that is disgusting!!!!

• life is to short
    life is to short

Rebelfighter you are falling into Landy's trap just like I did last weekend.

This person is all about debating and swearing and belittling, destroying threads, downplaying, insulting and fighting with everyone who does not view the world the way he/she does.

He/she is totally on the side of the WT along with with his buddy RO

It really is insane when I step back and look at he/she Landy, this person is so illiterate that he/she does not know that there are such broadcasting networks here in the US such at NPR and PBS yet Landy admitted that he/she spent the weekend watching the West Wing a show made in the US.

I know Landy gets many people worked up and that his and RO's goal. To down play the seriousness of child rape in the JW religion.

I beg of everyone instead of debating Landy and RO to just Google Trey Bundy and watch him on PBS and then listen to his report on Reveal from December of 2016 less than 8 weeks ago.

I honestly am not faulting anyone for debating Landy as I just got sucked back in. But all he will do is swear and belittle and insult you, he does not want the facts just his opinion and view.

This is just to huge of a crime to allow Landy and RO to have their way.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

I also honestly wonder if Landy and RO work for the WT. I mean the way they use their reasoning is just the same way the elder's in my hall used toward me when they allowed the child molesters to hold and take care of children.

I think this is why I have gotten sucked into Landy's insane web. He reminds me exactly of one of the elder's I talked to, name calling, belittling, etc.

Why would anyone use the reasoning that Landy and RO are using unless they work for the WT. Funny both of them especially RO came on this board right about the time that the newspaper and TV ad's started to run, Landy had been on longer but it would make total sense for the WT to put people on this board to down play those ad's which both Landy and RO have totally done. The WT is afraid of those ad's you know it and both Landy and RO trashed and destroyed any thread that had to do with them.

It really makes you wonder.

LITS

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

There are no "bygones" for a victim of abuse. The memory is always being relived and the suffering is constant.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

LITS,

I am getting the picture, as I just said a couple post back. I am not retyping what I already stated in a prior post. I missed what went on a few days ago since I have been really busy in my office, I try to keep up on all the child abuse thread. Really only reason I am still here.

Unfortunately where I live I have to drive past one of 2 KHS every time I leave my house. How did I get so lucky that I have these 2 KH less then 3 miles from my house. No matter where I go I must pass one of them. Just knowing all of the emotional, physical and sexual abuse that is tolerated in the KH just really irritates me to no end.

• sir82
    sir82

Elders should be trained to distinguish the difference between sin and crime.

In cases where a crime is alleged against a minor, the elders should give the parents the opportunity to report to the police themselves, but if they choose not to do so, the elders should make it clear that the elders themselves are compelled to do so (regardless of whether legally mandated or not).

In cases where an adult alleges a crime, it is up to the adult to determine if he/she wishes to press charges.

In cases where an adult alleges a crime that occurred when he/she was a minor, same principle, It is up to the adult to determine if he/she wishes to press charges. But if the alleged perpetrator is still a danger to the community, the elders should inform the accuser that they will go to the police

Only after the authorities are aware of the issue, or the accuser has forfeited their opportunity to inform them, should the issue of "sin" be addressed.

It's not rocket science, and it's not "anti-Jehovah". If the WTS truly cared about victims of crime, they would implement something similar to the above.

• Landy
    Landy
    In cases where an adult alleges a crime that occurred when he/she was a minor, same principle, It is up to the adult to determine if he/she wishes to press charges. But if the alleged perpetrator is still a danger to the community, the elders should inform the accuser that they will go to the police

This. Only took 4 pages to get there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit