The handling of child abuse allegations

by Landy 78 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh, and I guarantee you that if the cult leaders told dubs to go to the police instead of the passive aggressive comdemning of it, they would go.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Landy,

Read my first post again. No where did I say to advise the victim or victims parents to go the police.

We as Certified Adult Volunteers we are required to notify either the police or the proper authorities if we suspect abuse. The reason we do not involve the family because it MAYBE a family member causing the abuse!!

We get 100% backing from all of the organizations when we do this because 90% of our organizations are out there as charities to raise money for children causes. We just simply LOVE LOVE children. We love our children -- we love YOUR children -- we love every Child!!

Look up

Hearing Impaired Kids Endowment

Shriner's Hospital

Those are my two passions, I give my all to both of them. I give also to abused /homeless children and women shelters.

I will not get in a debate with you. No uneducated man in the field of child abuse has any right to question a victim of abuse. I am a female, I will not question a victim of child abuse. I am the victim of both emotional and physical abuse and I can tell you NO man with the exception of a trained therapist has any right to talk to a woman about what she has been through.

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Also I find it interesting that in all of Landy'so examples he used men who were under the age of 18 when it happened expect for one.

In the real life in my congregation the child molesters were well over 18 when they raped the children who were between the ages of 5 to 8. Not the scenario that Landy presented in any of his examples.

In my congregation these men were encouraged to take care of children. One who was a sexual psychopath accordingly to his PUBLIC court records and had raped his bio 5 year old daughter and served 10 years in prison held a baby shower at the hall all with the elders blessing. By the way the elders refused to even look at much less take the public records. I talked to the police in my town and they were disgusted with the elders, one police officer said he would come and met with the elders but the elders refused.

Another child molester who raped a 8 year old child when he was a baptized JW age 40 + and served 8 year's in prison, than moved 300 miles away to my Hall so as to put his past hehind him, none of the elders told anyone of this man's past but instead allowed him to hold and take care of a mentally handicapped child alone, taking the child into the back room and outside alone. One elder told me he had to convince a foster mom that the child molester was indeed safe to be around children.

Funny Landy never mentioned any of those kinds of scenarios.

LITS

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Landy,

For the record, the one case of child sexual abuse I did get involved with the. ....... took a plea agreement because he knew if it went before a jury he would never ever see the light of day again. He is on the sex offenders list for life with court orders to NEVER come in contact with any of his children for the remainder of his life. His plea agreement put him behind bars for 15 years but because of his bad behavior he did 20.

• Landy
    Landy
    Read my first post again. No where did I say to advise the victim or victims parents to go the police.

Ok, so you wouldn't go to the police and you wouldn't want the elders to investigate it.

Which begs the question, how would you handle it? To be frank you seem very big on rhetoric but you haven't come up with a course of action you would recommend for any of the scenarios mentioned.

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Also what I just posted is the real world not Landy's made up hypothetical world.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

First off can you READ!!! I said at least TWICE now the Certified Adult Volunteer immediately notifies the police or the authorities!!! We do not leave it up to the victim or the victims family to do this.

We meaning the Adult Certified Volunteer notifies the police or the authorities!!!

The Adult Certified Volunteer immediately notifies the police or the authorities as soon as we suspect there is some sort as emotional, physical or sexual abuse!!!!

NOW, have I made myself perfectly clear and gotten through your obviously thick skull?

• Landy
    Landy
    First off can you READ!!! I said at least TWICE now the Certified Adult Volunteer immediately notifies the police or the authorities!!! We do not leave it up to the victim or the victims family to do this.

So the elders should contact the police? Regardless of the victim's age and wishes?

If you go through each scenario and highlight your course of action it would be easier for me to grasp.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Landy,

I gave you a course of action for all of the incidents call the police.

The Elders are men and have no business dealing with these matters. But you would know that if you had actually read my prior post.

I am not going to retype the same thing repeatedly if you continually ask the same questions.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

In the USA, the police are notified when a crime has been committed. Child abuse of any kind is a crime.

Why would anyone stand around wondering if the police should be called when a child has been victimized?

Going to the authorities should be the standard, not dithering about what their course of action should be. If it goes to court so much the better. Why ever in this green earth should a child abuser not be prosecuted for their crimes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit