New here

by MarkofCane 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome

It is a sad,confusing and lonesome time in the beginning. It WLL get better.

Take it slow. One day at a time. Work through things slowly and do not talk to others about your doubts. This organization will hang you out to dry.

We are all here for you.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Hang in there... And take it r.e.a.l.l.y... s..l..o..w. With family...

I managed to get my own family out of the cult in 1.5 years after my own awakened....

Act very slow now.. (Is my own small tip)

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome. I know where you are coming from, once you know ttatt there is no going back no matter how much you wish you could. Sometimes I truly wish I could as life just seemed simpler in many ways but it was all a lie and better to find out now than even latter in life. Glad you found this place it saved me just to know I was not alone in my awaking was huge.

LITS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Alive! asked, "Wouldn't that be consulting with demons, I asked as I read the accounts..."

IF demons actually existed, then yes, it would be. But demons, like god, jesus, heaven and the soul are all products of chimpanzee imagination attempting to explain a universe he did not yet understand.

It _IS_ crazy, but you are not.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

That was awesome you write like a weapon. Thanks for sharing.

I lost my Dad when young, and held hopes of seeing him again for 25 years. I was raised a JW and only woke up a few years ago.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Great and moving account, thank you for sharing....

Its a shocker alright, I woke up about 8 months ago, I'm just coming out of the fog now, starting to enjoy life, but in the early days I felt physically sick and close to a breakdown. Regrets...., not worth thinking over, they just lead to depression and frustration - best to live life properly, for today and tomorrow and for us and our families, not for some self appointed delusional men on a powertrip. If I look back I wouldn't have got married as young as I did, would have had a better career, been closer to my non witness family, probably wouldn't have stayed married and endured abuse, but then I wouldn't have my 3 beautiful kids either. Life's as game of choices, just be glad you're making a good one now....

Oh and I loved you're 'off the hamster wheel' comment - yes it feels great!!!!!

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

I will tell the rest of my story shortly, but a side note. So I finally decided to post my story for the first time, thought about it many times but never dared. Well as I'm typing this out I hear a loud knock at my door who can it be but two elders, crap I didn't even minimize my screen just got up and opened the door. They wanted to invite me to the meeting on Sunday (like I forgot when it was or something) and they asked if they can come over with the new CO. Apparently he wants to meet me.

Good grief! I was so rattled by my extracurricular activities I said sure. "Um when in 2 weeks OK", Duh... anyways what are the odds that they would show up as I'm typing my delusional ramblings about my awaking. I just thought it bizarre, if they where writing this story they would of said the angles sent them...LOL. So I Got a meeting with the new CO any thoughts?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Funny coincidence , I would just play along or make up an excuse a day in advance to cancel the meet up .

They are are most likely doing the call on questionable inactive one agenda when the CO visits..

• freddo
    freddo

I remember posting on here - as in actually typing - a few months after resigning as an elder when the phone rang and it was a very sincere, misguided but kindly ex-fellow elder I'll call "J" who wanted to pick my brains about a judicial case we had been on together as the third man had also resigned as an elder and moved away and he, that is "J" - couldn't remember the details.

So there I am, feet up on the desk one afternoon, this site open in mid-post and he says "Young XXX is having problems again, confidentially can you remember "the steps leading to his sin" last time?"

Anyway I offered some help stressing that the young man came from a difficult background and needed kindness and he agreed.

He says "Of course he went on unauthorised websites didn't he?"

I nearly choked on my cup of tea!

Then he says "I really miss having someone with a bit of common sense on the body, it's not the same since you and YYY stepped down!"

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

That was awesome you write like a weapon. Thanks for sharing.

I lost my Dad when young, and held hopes of seeing him again for 25 years. I was raised a JW and only woke up a few years ago.

HI

2+2=5

Sorry about your Dad. Lost my Dad when I was young as well I was around 15. I suppressed a lot of my emotions about his death. I think that's why I broke down at the cemetery, you know that's not even where he's buried. Some day soon i will go back to my hometown and visit his grave just to close that chapter of my awaking and life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit