New here

by MarkofCane 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks, Enjoyed.

After reading for about 4 hours memorized by my affair, I sat back in my chair stunned and guilt ridden. I felt I had committed the worst offense against god, spiritual adultery. I partook of the forbidden fruit, now my eyes have been opened, I was going crazy.

Four decades of systematic indoctrination came crashing down on my conscience. There was an internal battle between decades of perceived truth and facts, between loyalty and honesty. I felt like Adam hiding myself from the sight of god ashamed, guilty and depressed. I stared off into space what seamed like hours my life playing out in segmented pieces, meeting, service, conventions, obligations, guilt, service parts my god it was all a lie! Anger! Time wasted, money spent, guilt driven life with no peace. All for what an“organization”. I read more. Slowly anger turned to depression.

I lay awake that night falling back wards like in a dream where you keep falling but I was wide awake. My mind running out of control, my whole life was based on a lie, my marriage chosen by rules, my wife captive to a ideology as myself, my chose of employment dictated to me by men who now seem like strangers, my world view on people, money, sex and life skewed.

I sure can relate to that. I'm still in shock.

I came to a stop at a light and sat there confused I looked to my right at a cemetery that I drove past hundreds of times never thought twice about it, it looked different,

I often pass cemetaries when I'm working. Seeing them sobers me up and puts me in a contemplative mood. I look at them differently now.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Cane....a well written account of 'waking up'. Mine was so slow....... about a three year process........... long before the Raymond Franz saga and the internet.

What took me three years would now take three days on jwfacts.com

It turned out that Russell built the foundation of his new religion on the fashionable nonsense of the 19th century complete with a pyramid next to his grave.

Here is an honest account based on the Societies literature. It is an interesting read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Exactly!

I lay awake that night falling back wards like in a dream where you keep falling but I was wide awake. My mind running out of control, my whole life was based on a lie, my marriage chosen by rules, my wife captive to a ideology as myself, my chose of employment dictated to me by men who now seem like strangers, my world view on people, money, sex and life skewed.

For 9 years ago i was ill after an accident and was home booring. Checked some JW word out on internet.
    -Stunned... 8 hours reading.. and i had relesed the cat out of the box...

The night and the days after this was exactly as the topic starter..

38 years of living partly right in the trash bin...

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will continue with the rest of my story later when I get some down time. I'm still going through a lot of emotions and feel very isolated we had many friends before, sometimes I wonder if I perhaps should of chosen the other pill?But I chose this one and now my life is on this path. From reading many of your experiences I know life gets better and I already feel a sense of relief of being off the hamster wheel. Thanks for reading my story and sharing your expressions.

Cane

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome. Despite your apologies, that was very well writen and quite moving. I think we can all relate to the shock of realising how much we had been lied to. I look forward to the rest of your story.

Lisa 🌹

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

MarkOfCane said, "...I’m not much of a writer so excuse my untrained writing style and grammar..."

You are better than you think you are and show some real promise. Please continue writing and your skill will continue to improve.

I would like to clarify a point Giordano made; the pyramid near the grave of C. T. Russell was NOT his idea, it was erected years after his death by his fanatical followers. It does provide an enduring link between Russell and his belief in Pyramidology, however.

• TD
    TD

I would like to clarify a point Giordano made; the pyramid near the grave of C. T. Russell was NOT his idea, it was erected years after his death by his fanatical followers. It does provide an enduring link between Russell and his belief in Pyramidology, however.

Yes. pyramids were not unusual as plot monuments at time when the U.S. was absolutely fascinated with Egyptology. Russell's true kookiness lies in his writings.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Thank you so much for your well written story.

Realising that Russell had heavily drawn on his numerology style prophetic 'utterances' from pyramids etc was a shake up.

Wouldn't that be consulting with demons, I asked as I read the accounts.

And how did Rutherford manage to divine from scripture a resurrection of the old prophets in the 1920s, to live in a luxury mansion built for that purpose? With Rutherford caretaking until they 'arrived'? Surely that could only be demon inspired?

I'm not writing about 'Demons' to offend the sensibilities of atheists - but if we are going to be all boots in regarding 'belief' - then there has to be conceded that only 'Demons' would have inspired this abstract idea.

The WT doesn't seem to be at all alarmed by this 'dabbling' by the founders of the religion. But, I'd get disfellowshipped if I stood up and said it kind of points to demonic interference.

I'm not obsessed with 'Demons' by the way - just using the scriptural measuring line for what is Christ inspired and what isn't....

Isnt it all crazy??? :-)

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome, MarkofCane.

Great OP.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Dear MarkofCane! Thanks for writing, it is so interesting to hear of what is helping people escape the mind control of "the Borg."....

I remember that assembly, those phrases, "Do you know????? You better!!!!!" (sounded like a scene out of Star Wars, haha) and later that year we had the article on "607 B.C.E"... that finally had references that could be checked... and we did... and that is how I came to look at 'history', family, and life differently too!

I have definitely have appreciated the support and the large wealth of knowledge here on this board also... It takes the power away from the WT, they can't keep you feeling 'crazy.' We have seen behind the curtain, and are talking with others who have been there too.

So, a 'cold winter of 2013 with a long coat'... and now it's 2016...

How old are you? are you on the east coast? and what happened after that? ..... if it's possible, please fill us in...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit