Am I unwelcome here?

by Esmeralda 71 Replies latest jw friends

• unanswered
    unanswered

waiting, LOL!

i think the "dippy guy" you are refering to is the "deep thoughts, by jack handey" guy on saturday night live.

• patio34
    patio34

Waiting, verrrry good.

In a free discussion like this board, there's going to be unpleasantries.

To Still In Truth, PMF, Fred Hall, etc., my usual comments:

Patio

• goo
    goo
    Well, everyone who'se been out drinking a bit knows that some days, even an unusually low number of drinks can knock you out cold. Moreover, people tend to forget how much they drunk, and if you had it really bad, you will totally forget what you did the last hour or four, and that may well include engaging in consensual sex with a stranger (I know, I have had sex that I do not at all remember, and I am male and did most of the work involved. Perhaps I should report my spouse for date rape?)
    Toxicologists often test the blood or drink samples from women who claim their drinks have been spiked, and 99 times out of 100, we're talking about the same single, powerful "daterape" drug: alcohol.
    I do not deny that date rape, using drugs like GHB, has happened. I will allege, however, that the danger is grossly exaggarated by certain political groups, helped by dumb women who don't know how to drink and when to stop. And while it is true that rape is underreported, it is also exaggarated at least in the same mmgnitude by some gender feminists, and false rape accusations are, for some odd reason, very common (not less that 30%).
    When someone suddenly claims rape only after discovering an unwanted and highly embarrassing pregnancy, I'd assume the woman guilty until proven innocent.
    But heck, 2000 years ago someone allegedly claimed to have been impregnated by a Deity, and some people still buy that story, so I guess gullibility is not that unusual.
    It totally beats me why anyone should feel any need to have sex with an unconscious person, but of course, like most sick things, they do happen. They should buy an inflatable doll.

If lonewolf or anyone else not involved in the identifying and declaring work had said this they would have been crucified.

Goo.

• emyrose
    emyrose

Thanks Goo and Dark Clouds, but hmmmmmmm........

I going to need you help again, Waiting will slap me now, boo hoo

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
    (Robert Frost)

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. (Henny Youngman)

I just got skylights put in my place. The people who live above me are furious. (Steven Wright)

Emyrose,

PS, LOL Waiting

• goo
    goo

Article 19. (Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
    Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

goo.

ps quote provided courtesy of apostate. thanks apostate.

• goo
    goo

Article 19. (Universal Declaration of Human Rights)
    Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

goo.

ps quote provided courtesy of apostate. thanks apostate.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello goo/badass,

In the usa, we have the freedom to own guns - but not the unbridled freedom to shoot whoever/whatever we want.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression

I would think that the same principle would follow with our speech. We have the right to say what we please - but not the unbridled freedom to hurt whoever we want. It's called polite society, manners, being civil, behaving one's self, being grown up.

We also don't have the freedom to lie, to slander, to hussle underage children for sexual and/or other favors. Freedom of speech doesn't cover all speech/writing. The Globe, The Hussler, The Inquirer, and other papers wouldn't be sued for slander and lies if all speech/opinions were free. The USA Postal Service couldn't press charges against people who send fraud, bad checks, etc., using their mail service, if speech/writing was free.

Everything has a price.

waiting

• ianao
    ianao

YEEEHAW!!!

What a THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone seems to forget that it's human nature to be an ASSHOLE!!! So, let's keep it going!

Everyone's smart-assed, everyone's full of SHIT.

Big fucking deal.

Yes, *I* can say this, because I *KNOW* I'm an asshole *AND* full of shit. Everyone else here is in denial if they believe otherwise.

And before any of my egotistical "ASSociates" on this discussion board get any bright ideas, please remember that I *DID* speak for myself, and if *I* were moderator your collective asses would be HISTORY, so BITE ME!

Until Simon puts up restrictions or takes the site down, every single sad-ass sapp has the right to come here and say WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT TO.

This is fucking "days of our lives" here!

Goodbye cafe, hello social club.

ROTFLMAO.

-mds, I hate to say this, but I kinda miss you. At least you could occasionally scare the tee-total shit out of someone every once in a while with your bullshit.

• goo
    goo

Reminder to Everyone

remember to thank tina for responding for our benefit as to goo's MO

your friendly neighbourhood unwelcome one

goo.

• larc
    larc

Ianao,

I kind of miss MDS myself. He sure did have some different ideas alright. You and I kept him busy for awhile. I am surprised that he is gone. I was under the impression that his preaching work with us wasn't finished until October.

Yes, Ianao, like everyone else, I am full of shit too, but I try my best not to show it off. The fact becomes evident enough without my advertising it. I try to maintain a facade of civility and rationality, which is transparent once you get to know me well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit