Drink Driving

by Simon 21 Replies latest social humour

• talesin
    talesin

Bouquets to you for telling your story. That took a lot of guts.

I had a friend who was refused entry because of a DUI, but in his state it is a criminal offense, so he needs to buy a pardon to get into Canada. I think you may be in the clear, as they check for criminal records online, so lesson learned. It cost you a lot in dollars, but lucky no one was hurt.

We all make mistakes; it's learning from them that matters.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Clearly simon you were guided by the hand of the one true god, Dionysus, who looked after you in your inebriated state and saved you from the popo.

I'll have to get some uber parifinalia for my car... hmmm

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I just found out that my late dad got a dui when he was a young man. It instantaneously removed my rather unforgiving attitude about them, becsuse my dad was a good human being. Even to my ex who did also. Its still a damn fool thing to do, but if you get away without damaging anything but your pocket book, its a cheap lesson. But learn from it.

One relative damaged a life irrevocably and the consequences of it destroyed him. Suicide was his way out. 24 years ago. It still hurts everyone remotely involved, including the other party and both big families.

Everyone-have a wonderful season. Just be smart.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Great story Simon. I cringe when I think about how much driving I did in the US while under the influence. I really don't know how I ever made it home sometimes. If ever there was a good argument for having a guardian angel, this was it. I actually found myself in the critical secton of the emergency ward one time (I was 21) with a deflated lung, broken collar bone, and all the ribs in my back were crushed. Did I learn my lesson? Hell no.

Even later as a witness, I was amazed at how much drinking we did especially with good friends. And drove off thinking nothing of it. Now, I confine my drinking to the home. No road trips involved.

• Simon
    Simon
    Bouquets to you for telling your story. That took a lot of guts

Quite a few comments on here suggest people think the story is real.

IT'S NOT - IT'S A JOKE!!!

I would never drive drunk OR steal a cab (or any other vehicle)

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I thought everyone got that! I think it was a point nicely made... Marked 'G' for illustrations.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I think the bouquets were for redvip but good reminders all round.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Ah, note to self: learn to read and shut-up more :D
  • talesin
    talesin

Yes, nic, the bouquets were for redvip Simon..

:P

Great thread and reminder, though, that should be bumped! : ))

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Thank you for the reminder Simon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit