Aliens

by Jayk 19 Replies latest social humour

• Jayk
    Jayk

I was talking to a JW that I know and he said that aliens aren't real. Which you are entitled to believe that. I've read books on how to read people's body language and alot of things he believes he really doesn't. If any type of questions can challenge ones faith you just answer "the bible tells us" shows how ass backwards we still are in society.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

In his book The Magic of Reality Richard Dawkins has a chapter, Are We Alone? where he speculates what kind of bodies aliens might have. Stephen Hawking thinks it's dangerous to send signals into space to attract alien civilisations because he thinks we don't know what we might be getting ourselves into. Serious scientists take the probability of alien life seriously.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I believe in Aliens.

It was a great film, Sigourney Weaver was nominated for an Oscar.

• deegee
    deegee

Jayk,

Check these out. I haven't researched them as yet so tell me what you think:

- ARTICLE: Alien Contact Experience and Ancient Traditionsb y Veronica Goodchild, Ph.D.

- Aliens Among Us: An Interview with Dr. John Mack

- Aliens and Archetypes: Interview with Terrence McKenna

- ARTICLE: Blowing the Western Mind by John E. Mack, M.D.

- Integrating Extraordinary Experiences by Roberta L. Colasanti

- LICSW Program for Extraordinary Experience Research (PEER). Established in 1993 by John Mack, MD to forge an approach to UFO abduction experiences that addresses their clinical dimensions and also leads to a scientific understanding of the phenomenon.

- ARTICLE: Studying Intrusions from the Subtle Realm By John E. Mack, M.D.

- ARTICLE: The Differential Diagnosis of Close Extraterrestrial Encounter Syndrome By Richard Boylan, Ph.D.

- The Larger Context of Abductions: Interview with John E. Mack, M.D.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

After what came to be known in New Zealand as the "Kaikoura lights", I always figured that you cannot deny the existence of UFOs. During the months of December 1978 and January 1979, UFOs were repeatedly sighted from the Wellington-Christchurch cargo flight, then operated by Safe Air.

Not only were these "objects" observed by the flight crew, but were also detected by both the aircaft's onboard radar, as well as that at Wellington Airport's Air Traffic Control Centre. Furthermore, on the night of the 30th December, these objects were also filmed by an Australian TV crew who were aboard the aircraft.

When these objects were observed by up to five different people while at the same time being detected by two different sets of radar - AND recorded on movie film - it is very hard to deny their existence! (People can perhaps suffer from hallucinations, but radars and movie cameras?). Of course, UFOs don't necessarily mean aliens.

• Acluetofindtheuser
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I find it funny that their those people that don’t believe in aliens but believe in demons.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

Belief in the possibility of aliens does not require you to suspend the laws of the universe we live in, unlike gods (it is a question often posed by the religious because they think aliens and gods require the same type of belief). If aliens are extant then they have evolved just like us (unless they popped in to existence...) and require no special pleading to make a place for them in our universe.

However the idea that they have decided to sneak to us without us noticing (aside from some grainy videos and anecdotal stories) and abduct us is stupid and without evidence. So are we to believe that an alien race that is advanced enough to circumvent our monitoring stations, isn't advanced enough to fool cousin Billy-Bob who remembers being 'taken' and anally 'investigated'.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Belief in aliens is not weird. However, belief that UFOs are alien vessels - that is weird. Our own existence creates a plausibility precedent for the existence of life elsewhere in our unimaginably vast universe. It would be weird to think we are all alone in the universe. The fundamental laws of physics conspire with the great distances involved, to make it virtually impossible for alien life to be visiting us in moving spacecraft. Insurmountable distances likely separate us from any other intelligent life.

To me, the footage looks fake. The background around the object seems to be of a different brightness to the background in the rest of the video. This leads me to suspect there's some kind of image manipulation involved.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Ever Appy Even For me, the statistical Probability of aliens are more convincing than accepting a Belief in any God.
    You said it for me evers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit