What would make an Ex-Jw go back to been a full in Baptized JW

by LOLS 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• LOLS
    LOLS

I was just wondering , why would my Jw husband return to been a full blown Baptized JW after 20 years of fading?

He has spent 20 years of his life been a worldly person , with a worldly wife & kids & worldly friends .... to joining the Borg full time , to getting Baptized , to getting NEW Brothers & Sisters .... and to writing off most of his worldly friends (some his known his whole life ) , to trying to convince me & our children how wonderful this Org is ......and anyone else who will listen :(

Has anyone ever experienced this .....

Oh and he seems to be in it 110% and no-one can say anything about this crazy Org or show him proof that it all BS.....

His such a clever independent , successful guy , why on earth would he go back to this , after been out for so many years & change into this domineering , opinionated fool ....

Oh and his entire family also went back ... Father , Mother , Brother & Sister

what are your thoughts ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

dog returned to its vomit ?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Never left mentally?

• Half banana
    Half banana

So sorry for you LOLS it must be dreadfully disappointing to say the least.

Some people, even those who as we say, appear to have it all in life, have a weak spot. For some it is not being able to cope with the finality of death, for them it is like having a gaping hole in their psyche. There exists a credible and very traditional remedy for this, it is the delusion and comfort which total belief in religion seems to plug.

Might this be the case for your your husband?

As ex-JWs we have a better opportunity to see the whole picture having once been tricked by the lure of paradise offered by a dishonest and frankly useless organisation which has nothing better to offer other than the opportunity for unquestioning obedience to them--" whether it makes sense or not".

This offer is only attractive to people who deliberately suppress their thinking abilities or who are so troubled internally that they are prepared to give up everything including logical thought for the sake of a pie in the sky hope of reward and who crave the approval from those in their chosen community.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hello darlin'

Your last sentence says it all.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Back in the day, a chappie from the Maidenhead congregation related a tale of a Para returning to the religion of his childhood. He'd left the dubbies in his teens, joined the Army, eventually made Para when, many years later, he was descending on a practice jump and was overwhelmed by a desire to "return to Jehovah".

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and was overwhelmed by a desire to "return to Jehovah".

but he was heading in the wrong direction?

• tiki
    tiki

Wow....if the whole family went back...most likely social acceptance reasons....blood is thicker than water.....

• thatsmealright
    thatsmealright

Did the whole family experience a horrible loss recently? Go through trauma? Illness, death can hit people hard.

My condolences to you and your kids. That's a hard life when you are raised in it and believe. To have all the craziness dumped on you, unsuspecting must be difficult.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There are people who have this worry that "but what if it's true?!!" - the cult mentality never really left.

The only thing that would make me go back is a lobotomy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit