I Feel Bad For The Police

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• iXav
    iXav
    As an institution, I think people expect law and order. They want to be able to, expect to be able to call for help. I think people who are good citizens do care about keeping law and order.

That is funny (good citizens) because it is actually not true. Here is a list of some people who are considered good citizens and they still didn't care about law and order : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_federal_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

A professional criminal/thief will still expect law and order so that other criminals do not break into his house and still his belongings. Humans are strange

• minimus
    minimus

That list is an exception. Good citizens as a rule do care about law and order. I’m not referring to someone who claims to be an upstanding citizen.

• iXav
    iXav

Ok, got your point

• Simon
    Simon
    If you want to fix the problem get to the root - systemic race based poverty and penalizing drug addiction

The root is really teachers unions and the substandard education given to black children. Anything downstream of there is just trying to solve the consequences and address the symptoms, not the real cause of the problem.

The problem predominantly happens in Democrat controlled cities and states where the party relies on contributions from those teachers unions, so don't expect change anytime soon.

Although there do seem to be some initiatives to attach funding to children so they would have more choice as to which school they could go to.

But in those democrat cities, the black people vote in the democrats, thus ensuring their own continued misery.

If only they were better educated to make better choices ... ha, see how it all works yet?

Teachers unions don't give poor education because they are incapable, they do it because it advantages themselves and the people they support. It just screws over the children they are meant to educate.

• minimus
    minimus

The teachers unions are one of the strongest unions in the USA. They have clearly become a political threat.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Simon, I blame parents more than teachers. Shitty parents who set bad examples teach these kids the wrong way to live, expecting handouts and govt giveaways.

• Simon
    Simon
    Shitty parents who set bad examples teach these kids the wrong way to live, expecting handouts and govt giveaways

Who educated those parents?

I think great parenting can overcome poor teaching, when it comes to morality and ethics, but lacking an education overall sets people on a bad trajectory.

• minimus
    minimus

Unfortunately if you put your kids thru the school system, they will be educated in liberal philosophy.

• Biahi
    Biahi

True, but many parents don’t care if the kids do well, or finish their homework, etc. it starts with parents.

• iXav
    iXav
    Unfortunately if you put your kids thru the school system, they will be educated in liberal philosophy.

Education system has always been about indoctrination. Today, it is woke and liberal. Most of those retired now went through a conservative school system and that didn't turn out great either. Apparently, teacher used to be able to apply corporal punishment. Every generation has something to complain about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit