I Feel Bad For The Police

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think cops are getting a bum rap. Are there some cops who shouldn’t be cops? Of course. Are some over eager? Some are. Do they ever make mistakes? Everyone does.

But the abuse and condemnation of our police forces is not doing anyone any good except for the lawless. The criminals and their sympathizers are happy to see police forces diminished or even abolished! They do not want law and order.

What is this world coming to? It’s sickening.

• Simon
    Simon

At some point people will have to agree to the "terms and conditions" for the area they want to enter which could include the policies for policing and law and order.

No one can then complain that they don't like it. If they want to live in the "no cops, fight for survival" area then have at it, and enjoy.

If they enter a "we enforce laws here, expect to be shot if you attack someone" and get themselves shot? Too bad, so sad.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Sometimes cops justifiably get a bum rap for their mistakes and bad judgements while on duty, but unlike us non police workers when we make mistakes we usually dont cause a death of someone.

Its a tough job for only people who can be tough at times but also smart in their interaction with the public, they also have to have a semblance of human compassion, most do.

• minimus
    minimus

Cops now have to deal with punks in their face. These people challenge the cops at every turn. Top police brass and mayors and city councils undermine the police whenever they can but when THEY are in need they will call the police for help. Hypocrites!!!

• waton
    waton

Cops are our warrior against crime, lawlessness. it is war. At least we still take prisoners.

If you resists cops, and there usually is a reason, you enter a combat zone as an enemy. In a recent Toronto case, a "lady" bit the officer. what is he supposed to do, bite back?

take orders from the officers, they are called that to tell you, they have authority to give orders. and act.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't really feel sorry for anybody, TBH.

There's clearly lots to unpack re this issue.

Most cops are decent public servants but some are incompetent or bad.

There must be decent training for cops before they go out on patrol. Any cops who cross the line should be properly punished after a fair trial.

Everyone deserves a fair trial. Morons who stir up sh1t like Maxine Waters should be punished. AFAIK, she's gonna get away with her rhetoric. This brings me to another point - the mainstream media. At the moment, the MSM seems to be anti-cop. There needs to be fair and accurate journalism, but we rarely get that.

Last but by no means least - citizens should comply with cops. The media in general aren't saying this but it's very important. People will continue to be shot by police because they're wannabe thugs, thinking they're playing Grand Theft Auto. If the cops shoot them, there's no reset button. This is life, not some f**king video game.

*rant over*

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Post Modernism does not allow for individuals. It mandates everyone be put into a group. Narrative is a group's attempt for control.

• minimus
    minimus

There is one type of cop that I don’t like. You are driving 40 in a 35 mph zone and you don’t get a warning you get ticketed. Some cops are to the letter of the law. I’m also not a fan of setting up roadblocks just to see if someone is impaired. I know the Supreme Court has allowed it but I think police should act if there is probable cause.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I don't feel bad for anyone who voluntarily chooses a certain profession and then the going gets rough. If you can't handle it, find something else to do.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Cops staying in the force is like JWs that complain about the organization but never leave.

If cops feel the job is unfair----then quit and choose another career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekqf-3DKRhE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit