It's not a Dream job, but I FOUND A JOB!!!!! :D

by Jesika 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

Well, most of you know I have been on the job hunt AGAIN. I set a goal for myself to find a job by the end of this week.

Yesterday, I went to meet up with DFWnonJW to get a video about Word and Excel. On my way to meet with him, I noticed a "now hiring" sign in a window.

So, today I went in to apply and talk with the manager. I sat at a table and filled out the app while talking with the manager. I also had to fill out a "personality test". I had forgotten the ph#'s of my previous employers, so since I live just down the street, I said I would return in a few mins with the app, but gave him the test I had done.

When I got back, the manager had already scored me on the test I had done. Out of a possible 50, I scored a 40!!!! The manager was impressed with that and told me that was a very high score.

He told me to wait a min and he would be back with more papers for me to fill out. He came back with "the employee handbook" and more papers to fill out. He also told me, to my surprise, that they offer medical to their hourly employees!!!

So, he told me to come in tomorrow at 4pm to train. I won't be making a whole lot of $ an hr, but it is better than $0.

I am now working at Boston Market.

Jes *of the working class again*

Hopefully I can save some $ and take a class or two at the community college soon.

• thegentleman
    thegentleman

CONGRATULATIONS !! JES .. It happens when you least expect it.. You're on your way.

Chris

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thanx hon,

I don't want this to be a career, but I can use it as a stepping stone to find a career. I would like to take some classes in college. So, I hope working at Boston Market will help me to be able to do so. Since I am working nights, I would be able to attend school during the day hrs.

• dottie
    dottie

((((((((jes))))))))

Congrats !!!!!! One step at a time is all it takes...and soon those steps will lead to a career of your choice.

Many Hugs and Much Love to You!

Dottie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

(((((Jes)))))) great news!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

CONGRATS jess.......................

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!

I don't think I will like the cleaning parts of it, like the bathroom and things like that, but hey, gotta start somewhere and it's a paycheck right?

• Gopher
    Gopher

That's great news, Jesika! You're on your way now!!

I saw a plaque at work that said, "Some people dream, while others wake up and work hard to make it come true." Sounds like you're one who is on the "working hard" path, and eventually the dream will come true if you stay focused.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

thats GREAT to hear Jess!

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubby's ID, (jeez I get tired of having to write that, can't log on because my password shows up.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Way cool Jes and wish I could come down and order some chicken from ya just to say "Hi!" to ya and leave a mess on the table for you to clean up!

*tip toes on outta here!!"

Again, CONGRATZ!!!

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit