Jehovah Witness family murder suicide

by wannaexit 27 Replies latest jw friends

• CovertsadJW
    CovertsadJW

JWs have the most severe passive aggressive policies that I have ever come across, and for my whole life I have never agreed with any of it. This is certainly something to get upset about and I feel she did a good thing, and for some reason I feel like doing the same thing at Warwick! People suffering any type of emotional trauma need loving kindness and support, not shunning. I see more love and kindness in the " worldly " people around me as a whole. While I cannot judge anyone's heart, or motivation, how they think and what they say about others speak volumes as to their true intent and feelings. I have been in the truth my whole life-over 4 decades- served as an MS, parts at assemblies, meetings, aux pioneered. Overall I see those taking the lead as ones who have the least compassion and kindness for people both inside and outside the faith. My sister is a hard core pioneer for 20 years plus and she has 0 compassion for others. Many people have the " Well , they get what they deserve discussion" -its certainly taught at all meetings, assemblies, at home to kids.....please help us all. This is such a destructive and horrible cult. I would imagine that teaching that billions will be destroyed from birth , separate from the world, hate worldly people certainly can mold people.

What mental health expert would agree with any part of shunning ? Name one please !!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm in contact with a reporter on the story. He's hoping to hear more about the suicide note tomorrow if possible.

My guess is that there's a lot more to this story. I bet it runs really deep. Hopefully more comes out.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Sad. Just sad.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There has been a lot of attention directed to the WTS recently its covering up of child sexual abuse activities.

Maybe its time to direct attention to the indirect incidences of murder and suicides which has a causative relation to the WTS.

I hope this sad and unfortunate situation gets extending media attention ... people should know.

I knew 3 young people who were JWS that committed suicide in a time frame of about 20 years..

• gone for good
    gone for good

I once had a young man explain how both murder and suicide can become logical consequences of JWs ¨bible based teachings .

This boy had gone to the kingdom hall since he was three years old. After puberty in his early teens he began to hear voices. His father was an elder so to avoid consequences to others, this boy said absolutely nothing to anyone.

He logically concluded that he had demons - a lifetime of bible stories and cult literature served to confirm that fear.

After school years of alcohol and drugs finally a psychiatric assessment shone light where the bible never will - on depression and schizophrenia.

The wasted years made it too late for this wonderful kid to be helped - each successive psychotic episode washed away more of his sanity and will to live.

He confided that he had long contemplated killing his parents and his siblings and then himself as a way to assure his family would qualify for resurrections even though he would not.

He loved his family despite the damages it inflicted by religion. He died intentionally at 32 years of age. You don´t need to become a JW to have them ruin your life.

• watson
    watson

The brother said.... "sorry about the interuption". Wow.

Did anyone else get a creepy feeling watching the brothers gather around and with a monotonous tone recited the instructions from the society about how to handle these things?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

One can lead to another. It starts with shunning and ends with killing yourself If life has no meaning not allowed to see your dear family etcetera.

cult.

G.

• flipper
    flipper

WATSON- " Did anyone else get a creepy feeling watching the brothers gather around and with a monotonous tone recited the instructions from the society about how to handle these things ? "

Yeah, I felt the same Watson- it creeped me out big time watching that. It was like reading George Orwell's 1984 all over again. Control the " worldly person " or " enemy" .The elder threatening the lady by telling her " the police are coming " - or - translation meaning " you are going to be arrested so leave " .

Such calloused assholes not paying any attention to what she was saying , it's so disgusting. I admire this lady. And the guy who filmed it. More of these situations need to be filmed to expose the callousness of these brain dead elders

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think it's likely this poor woman was being shunned by her parents since she worked at a YMCA, and her husband was a systems architect developing critical care apparatus at a Uni, I'm going to guess it must have been an awful long time ago they were dubs.

• flipper
    flipper

Want to bump this to the top so it's near the other thread that has the front page news release article about the JW murder suicide this woman is talking about in the video

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit