Old Light - New Light

by Vanderhoven7 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Terry Walstrom posted this exceptional link on another thread. I think it so amazing that it should have a thread of its own so everyone can have clear and easy access to the document. Thanks

Terry wrote:

I would suggest printing some copies of the document below at a print shop locally and having it assembled into a simple ring binder with an unobtrusive cover.
    Label HISTORY of OLD LIGHT / NEW LIGHT through the years

Leave it out in the open around the house.
    There is nothing inside which can be disputed. Better still, it speaks for itself.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UrjfNBy6jlZ8lSibVe7VSRgihTxkwqbrLUzIHLGFH-E/edit?usp=sharing

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks, Vanderhoven7. I missed this when Terry posted it. I'm working now, so could only take a quick look, but it seems like it would be really valuable. I'm downloading a copy.

Thanks again.

• lastmanstanding
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Interesting, very useful for those who benefit from following their history.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

There are over 300 pages of Old Light / New Light!

Keep scrolling down when you get to a large empty spot. It is only the end of that one page. Keep scrolling down.

Being a born in, I was present when many of these changes happened. At the time, being a naive, gullible person, I just accepted what ever was told me to Believe.

Reading only a small portion of this list, it makes my head spin. Believe what we say this year! It means your everlasting life! Believe what we say now, not last time. It means your everlasting life! The foolishness continues.

One interesting note that got my attention that I wasn't aware of because I was too little (or asleep at the meeting) was in the early 1950's announcing why a person was disfellowedshiped. It said the announcement was important in the case of fraud, so that the congo would be aware and not be swindled themselves??? Not one person was ever DF in my area for fraud. It didn't say to announce people for adultery though maybe it did in the whole article this came from, not the snippet that was printed.

I was traumatized for decades because in the large metropolitan city I was from, in seemed like it was almost every Thursday meeting, someone was announced for being DF, almost always for adultery. The anouncement would be for anyone DF in the Circuit not just your own congo. There was a lot of adultery going on, and other abuses but recalling who was sleeping around with whom, many had prominant positions, even being the ones to announce The Fallen One. Now thinking back, maybe I was traumatized because who I knew should be DF but weren't and if they were, how would this affect my life? Would someone think I was the one who told? If so, what would they do to me?

• LV101
    LV101

Missed it -- thanks so much, Vanderhoven.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Thanks Vanderhoven

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    One interesting note that got my attention that I wasn't aware of because I was too little (or asleep at the meeting) was in the early 1950's announcing why a person was disfellowedshiped. It said the announcement was important in the case of fraud, so that the congo would be aware and not be swindled themselves???

Did I understand arright, Lois L., (can't download now) it's important to announce the reason someone is DF in a case of fraud, in case others are swindled out of their money , but not say if there's a paedophile (and you have kids) because, you know, who cares about kids, right?

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Thanks, for the reminder Vanderhoven7.

Thanks to Terry and all who were involved in cataloguing this information for us.

• Splash
    Splash

Thanks Vanderhoven.

I notice that document has a date of Jan 2017.

Here is the same document but dated Dec 2017. It has a bit more information and is better formatted too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit