What WT Children's Book Were You Studied With As A Child?

by Sea Breeze 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• titch
    titch

Yep, the "Paradise" book for me, and my brother. What fun. I wish I still had a copy of that book around here someplace, but, I don't. Oh, well.

Titch.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The truth is I always loved anything about Jesus.

I didn't like Jehovah very much but I could never admit that. Later on I studied the big red you can live forever in paradise on earth, the Youth book and of course my book of Bible stories which I still have. But my favourite was listening to the Great teacher.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My first exposure was to the "Let God Be True" book when I was about 7 years old. Later when the "Paradise" book was released, we switched over to that.

There were two versions of "LGBT" -- a green one and a brown one. I can't recall which one we used, but it had to have been the later of the two.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    The WT's children books my sister and I studied (with my father conducting the study) while I was a preteen were the Paradise book (of 1958) and the "Listening to the Great Teacher" book (of 1971). I don't recall thinking of the content of the books were creepy, but maybe I thought the illustration on pages 208-209 of the Paradise book was alarming. While a preteen I probably studied other WT books also. Later my father also conducted studies using other books of the WT.
  • St George of England
    St George of England
    There were two versions of "LGBT" -- a green one and a brown one. I can't recall which one we used, but it had to have been the later of the two.

The green version was released in 1946, the brown version in 1952. In those days books had to be paid for so although the brown version had been released, apparently many JW's carried on using the green version with studies for many years after. This happened in our family.

George

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My mother studied the Let God Be True book and was baptized around '63. It was the brown version of that book that she used. She was a voracious reader, and I recall the sister who studied with her would bring bound volumes of previous years, and mom would go through the whole thing.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The Youth book then young people ask. Both books seem real creepy and boring to tears.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This piece of old garbage........

There wasn't a kiddies book to frighten me back in the 60's. I had to put up with this utter shite.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Wow Nathan.... Let God Be True was your Children's study book! Don't know much about that book.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Interesting story I heard about the Paradise book.

In the run up to its 1958 release there was discussion about Adam, as he was alone in the Garden of Eden, did he have his genitals or not? Not a subject for discussion in a children's book so the answer was intimated at in the illustrations.

On pages 20 and 21 is an illustration of Adam, carefully posed of course, but on page 20, to the left is a "cock" and on page 21 to his right is a squirrel with a couple of "nuts".

What will happen in the new world? The answer is in the illustration on page 241 where we see the "cock" and the squirrel with his "nuts" have made it through Armageddon.

Just someone's imagination?

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit