What WT Children's Book Were You Studied With As A Child?

by Sea Breeze 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

My mom studied with me in the Paradise book before I went to Kindergarten. I remember the book vividly. It creeped me out as a kid. The scenes with Adam & Eve looked dreamy and not convincing, the destruction and killing scenes were really disturbing to a 5 yr. old. I remember asking lots of questions during those studies that seemed to make my mom uncomfortable. For some reason the embossment on the front cover felt creepy to me. I did not like that book as a child. Even when I got older, I didn't really want to open that book.

Later mom studied with me in the Great Teacher book. I liked that one much better as I recall.

Anyone else here study those?

What WT children's book were you studied with as a child?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Listening to the great teacher.

I loved it very much. I loved to study and when the other kids would run off to play I would stay at the dining room table to read on my own.😥I miss those days.

• SoTrapped
    SoTrapped

The "Live Forever" book, full name "You can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth"

I believe it was red

• SoTrapped
    SoTrapped

and we had the bible stories and listening to the great teacher on tape.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Yes, I remember my nieces loved the Panda bears in that book. Did the Live Forever Book have disturbing death scenes in it too? I can't remember.

• Biahi
    Biahi

The Paradise book, the orange one.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I had the Paradise book before I could read. The Great Teacher Book and My Book of Bible Stories were childhood books. The Youth book and Live Forever book are what my father studied with me prior to baptism.

• St George of England
    St George of England

"Let God be True" - Green version

George

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the big paradise book. in fact--it was the only book i ever studied..and i dont think i ever finished it. Then i got baptised--along with a lot of other young teenage kids. Its how it was back then.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Occasionally when my dad did study with us it was the study edition of the watchtower , this was in the 70s , the different covenant's and types and anti types etc , sometimes even on the Friday night when circuit assembly included a Friday so we were prepared for the Saturday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit