5 American idols left-who's getting the boot?

by morrisamb 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• onacruse
    onacruse

Kill'em all, let Farkel sort'em out.

Craig

• benext
    benext

I was very happy to see Trenyce get the boot. Incidentally, Trenyce is not her real name, at least not the name she had when she was arrested for shoplifting. The format of voting for your favorite doesn't work. You're not voting anyone off just voting for your favorite. One of my co-workers tried to vote but couldn't get through. Then you have people with speed dialers making thousands of calls. In the end though they have all gotten exposure that will allow the talented to be successful.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

benext, good points...I don't like the system of voting...in fact, I think each viewer should only be allowed one vote...how fair is that that someone with speed-dial can vote a bizillion times. There are many people who watch this show and aren't expert at voting systems.

I like the idea of American Idol, but the show's voting needs an overhaul for next season!

On another thread, people are talking about the Ruben thing as well...I can't believe how many people don't appreciate Kimberly Locke in the US..all my friends thinks she rocks up here in London, Canada...even when I went to the bank yesterday, asked the tellers: they loved Ruben's second song and Kimberly's second song best of the entire Tuesday evening..(as I did) and what does America do: vote for Clay, Clay, Clay...

Last night Ruben's singing was out of this world good! Better than Clay's solitaire

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One vote per person would be a great idea. If the lines were jammed it would explain why Rueban would up in the bottom 2.

I do like the idea of American Idol - give the consumers an oppoertunity to choose who they want to listen. to. The music industry has for far too long been controlled by people who churn out what they think the public wants. Too few really good performers get missed because they don't have the agents or managers or opportunity to get their music heard.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    The format of voting for your favorite doesn't work. You're not voting anyone off just voting for your favorite.

I think the voting system is BRILLIANT. Voting for your least favorite would be no more 'fair' than the current method. The same kind of vote-bombing would be done by those favoring the less talented contestants, and the result would ultimately be the same. The designers of the show were very shrewd to construct the vote-off system the way they did, and the surprises that come as a result of it (like Tamyra's vote-off last year & Reuben's presence in the bottom three this week) add an element of strategy that would be missing in a 'vote-off' system.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Incidentally, Trenyce is not her real name, at least not the name she had when she was arrested for shoplifting.

I read in a magazine that her real name is Rahshumba Trenyce Cobbins. I'd go by Trenyce too.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Sara Annie, I understand your point, but why not just allow one call per household or something like that?

Hey, I don't mind surprises, but if country boy sings better than clay, Reuben or Kimberley, the next few weeks, he'll be the American Idol...how is that fair when he sucked 50% of the time?

• sandy
    sandy
    Hey, I don't mind surprises, but if country boy sings better than clay, Reuben or Kimberley, the next few weeks, he'll be the American Idol...how is that fair when he sucked 50% 95% of the time?

I think Ruben should win. As I said on another post Clay is not Pop Star Material. Don't get me wrong I love him. I think he is the best singer there. I am glad he has made it this far.

And its not really his look that makes me not want him as the next AI. It's the way he sings. He sings like he is in a broadway musical. Now there isn't anything wrong with that, I love Show tunes and Broadway Plays. They are the best! The talent you have to have for the stage is on a higher level than Pop Music. Technology can make anyone sound good.

His talent is too good for pop music. I don't think he would last too long in the pop world.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey I just watched Pop Idol on the British ITV2 network.

Well I gots to tell you, I have NEVER heard such a noise as when they sang the Beegees melody! And Josh was waaaay over rated. It was predictable that he was going, I'd have put my bottom dollar on it

This is how I would like the top 3:

3rd place: Clay

2nd: Ruben

1st, Kimberly!

This is how I predict the top 3 will be.

3rd place. Kimberly

2nd Ruben

1st Clay.

Brummie

• rocketman
    rocketman

I haven't followed A I, but I will say that some people on it are really getting their career launched, like Kelly Clarkson, and also that young woman who's been on Boston Public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit