5 American idols left-who's getting the boot?

by morrisamb 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Please, please give country boy the boot, America!!!

Kimberly Locke and Reuben each gave a singular moving, unbelievable performance last night (of their two songs). Trenyce and Clay were a close second.

What do you all think?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Josh will get ousted I think.

Ruben was really good, but I think Clay won it last night. I loved what Neil Sedaka said to him: "I would kill to write and produce your first CD."

Kimberly was good too, but the guys were way in front. I thought Trenyce was okay, but not on the level of the other 3.

• TR
    TR

Josh should have been gone a long time ago. Bring back Ricky!

Josh's voice just seems too mundane. I thought he sucked on Neil Sedaka's "Bad Blood".

TR

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Josh has had the sympathy vote. I think he will be gone tonight. My vote is still for Ruben to win this thing!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

TR, I agee...I thought Ricky had a top 5 voice...he was great!

Mulan, I thought Clay did an excellent job on his first song but I hated Solitaire!! Give me Karen Carpenters version any time over that!

I also think Trenyce did her best performance yet on the Tina Turner song but I didn't care for Love Will Keep Us Together.

Reuben's second song and Kimberly's second song were the best performances of the evening.

I originally picked Clay to win American Idol. Now I want Kimberley to win but will be happy if Reuben wins.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I figure its either gonna be "Rue Paul' or "GI JOE" they just didn't shine last night.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan, I thought Clay did an excellent job on his first song but I hated Solitaire!! Give me Karen Carpenters version any time over that!

I know what you mean, and I tended to compare other singer's versions too, at first. Now, I see how these kids interpret the songs. Ruben did a song a few weeks ago that I really didn't like, but the comments from the panel made me realize he made it his own. I thought Clay did a great job on Solitaire. I had forgotten about Karen Carpenter being the one who made it famous. You just can't compare. His style is very different.

Trenyce was great, but she was a Tina Turner knock off. It showed she could imitate very well, like Simon said.................a drag queen. (that was mean, but I know what he meant)

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Good point Thunder Rider.

I think it's so funny that there are two in the top five who need to come out of the "closet"...so to speak...

Clay was itching his way out last night and Country Boy needs loosen up and appreciate the Rue Pauls of this world! Both would improve their singing if they didn't have the control bug up their ass.

Ps. Mulan, your points are well taken!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

See what happens when I let Thunder post hee heee I think Clay did so well I was so proud that he moved LOL THAT is what Paula meant about letting his spirit out to dance OH YA But Ruben is still the one that really moves me I want it to be Reuben, Clay then Kim but if any of them win I will be happy. Josh is just not relaxing to forced he could have rocked on BAD BLOOD even in a country style but it was stilted at the very least. Trynce I woun't even go there as Mulan said bad Tina Turner knockoff.

• sandy
    sandy

Clay - He always does an amazing job. Both songs were great! I never heard that song by Karen Carpenter. In fact I don't think I ever heard that song before. I will definitely download that tonight. Thanks for the info. I voted for Clay

Ruben - He is always amazing too! I loved his second song. That was the best. The Temps song he did was never one of my favorites so I just thought Ruben was all right on that song. Definitely voted for him.

Kimberly Locke - She is a great singer and performer. I have just one problem with her. I don't like the tone of her voice. Sometimes it sounds nice. But over all I really don't think her voice is pretty. So unless she comes out with some spectacular song I would never buy a CD of her. I did vote for her.

Trenyce - I think last night her singing was excellent. She is a great singer and she has a nice tone. I didn't like what she was wearing for the Tina Turner song. She was way over the top appearance wise. (IMHO) She should have dropped the hair or the clothes. I still don't think America likes her too much so I think she will get the boot tomorrow night. I did vote for her. It took a lot for me to overlook the clothes and hair but I did.

Josh - Sucky singer!!!!!!!!!! His second song was really bad. The first was all right. I feel bad for him he is way out of his league now. I hope he gets voted off. That would be the fair choice. He needs a vocal coach big time. He just mimics country singers the ones who sing through their noses. And that isn’t good!!! I did not vote for Josh.

LOL @ ThunderRider's Comment:

I figure its either gonna be "Rue Paul' or "GI JOE" they just didn't shine last night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit