Join JW's or DIE - soon!!!

by BoogerMan 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Balaamsass2
  • Balaamsass2
  • Elena
    Elena

There is no doubt whatever that the generation from 1914 has now passed away. The overlapping new light is so ridiculous it’s funny. But even the overlappers are getting old and will pass away soon.

Im going to be sitting on my lawn chair watching with baited breath the slow demise of this organisation.

Its remarkable that it has lasted this long.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Just an example of the complete reversal of the annual meeting’s “ new light” that I commented on here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6298913263321088/thoughts-on-annual-meeting-new-light#5159783716356096

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It reminds me of Darth Vader in Star Wars. When Vader was talking to the emperor regarding Luke

""He will join us or die".

Thats the JW mindset of non-witnesses. They will join us or 'die' at Armageddon.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Think what the response would have been if, in 1974, you had told a JW that the "old system of things" would still be around 50 years later. Or if you had told a JW/Bible Student in 1924 that it would still be around 100 years later.

I can tell you for sure that my mother would not have believed you. I remember feeling that I did not have to worry about what I would do once I graduated high school, since Armageddon would occur before that happened. I graduated high school in 1986.

I don't know a single JW who thought we would see the year 2000 before the end came. I wonder how many saw their faith shaken further with each year that passed after that? I know my mother wasn't one of them. Ask her today, and she will tell you that the end is closer than ever and that world events make it clear that humanity cannot go much longer without god's intervention.

She has been saying this since the 1970s. Same message. Same urgency. She apparently is just as convinced now --50 years later-- as she was then. Some JWs will hang on until they pass away, and they will die with the certainty that they will awaken soon after in paradise on Earth.

• TD
    TD

---Struggling to think of a single adult I knew in 1972 that has not passed away...

• Elena
    Elena

If the flood story was true (it isn’t) then the smart thing to do would be wait and see if Noah was right, if that was an option.

Then get on the ark last minute once you are sure the world is flooding. If it was an option to wait and see, then it would not have been smart to get on the ark early because the flood may not happen or may not happen for a long time. Do you want to be sitting on the ark, wasting time, not knowing for sure if the flood is coming. With everyone outside getting on with their lives.

This is exactly the same situation today and the GB did not think this new light through. The two new members came onto the GB and Tony was kicked out, they think they are so smart but this is so stupid what they have come up with. These men sitting in luxury coming up with ideas. They really should run it past someone smarter before announcing it.

The new light means the smart thing to do is don’t get on the ark just yet, you may be waiting a long long time for the flood to start. Or it may never start at all, which is the truth of the matter. But thinking like a PIMI, even if you are a true believer then the smart thing to do is not waste time on the ark just yet, wait to see.

Now they are basically telling people to wait until you are sure that the flood is starting then it’s ok to get on the ark. If the flood never starts then you don’t even need to get on the ark.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    They’ve really should run it past someone smarter before announcing it

Now there’s a low bar!

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Some have suggested JWs have hired professional PR companies to come up with ideas to stop the bleeding. This makes sense when you think about all the change’s lately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit