Madonna is a dumb ass.

by LDH 82 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

BlueSapphire,

What if I sold cocaine to some friends when I was 20. And I became a millionaire by my drug racket. Well does that mean that since now I don't do it and I believe it to be wrong, I have to give away all my money I made in the past?

Yes. International Law actually insists on this. Convicted drug traffickers automatically have their assets frozen and confiscated by the government. The cash is them given to agencies who handle the problems that the drug traffickers introduced into society. This seems very fair to me.

As to Maddona, well I am not suggesting that she give back the money she made trafficking in lousy music, but I would require that she shut up pontificating about the sad morals in today’s world without even apologizing for the part that she may have played in their descent!

HS

• DIM
    DIM

god, who cares about the lady's opinions - her music for the last 4 albums has been on the cutting edge, and despite the silly rapping on 2 songs on her new one, its a fantastic album. If people are that influenced by a famous person (not a role model - we tag them that way) then they have problems. I suppose Marilyn Manson killed the kids at Columbine too, eh?

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Anyone else see the spoof on the Madonna interview on MAD TV last night?

It was hilarious, and LDH is spot on on her fake english accent and other fallacies.

But I still love to dance to "Holiday"

'Notperfectyet of the can't get out of the '80's but never used Aqua net to excess class'

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I can't figure out how to edit..but I was just informed it was Saturday Night Live and not MAD TV...I am very sorry I was channel surfing.....

Anyone see Stuart on MAD TV???

It was hilarious too.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dim,

The thought of somebody describing Madonna's music being at the cutting edge irks me greatly. That expression is rather dulled from overuse and of course I beg to differ. I can almost guarantee that a person using that expression has not really heard the cutting edge of music, which is generally never expressed by a manufactured career artiste like Ms. M but is fed to her by studios after manufacture. What the listener hears is music after it has been put through the machine, not beforehand where the real cutting edge is. I would be most surprised to hear a musician, or even a performer like Madonna suggest that her music does not contain her opinions. An artists opinions ARE their work.

There are musicians of course who are at the cutting edge, Joni Mitchell for example. Pianists JohnTaylor and Lyle Mays spring to mind, and in the younger genre, John Mayer. These are people who cut edges again and again, but they are of course serious performers and can read music.

Forgive my inflexibility, I have very strong opinions on the use and abuse of music.

HS

• LDH
    LDH
    but they are of course serious performers and can read music

LOL! Touche, Sir Step.

Blue, I can't even believe you are equating your limited potential for influencing 800 children a day to Madonna's.

First of all, you as a Public Employee have a limited and rather rigid set of guidelines you must adhere to. The battery of tests in California one has to take in order to surround yourself with school children is almost insurmountable even for credentialed teachers.

My best girlfriend is a Credential Special Education teacher, she is in her mid-40's. When she was twenty she got charged with a felony. She is still under obligation to report such today and it has cost her some very good jobs. Although she put herself through college with two children and got her Master's Degree, twenty years later she is still paying for stupidity and poor choices.

Of course she has changed. She still has to pay the price for what she did.

Lisa

Cheery O! Class

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    As to Maddona, well I am not suggesting that she give back the money she made trafficking in lousy music, but I would require that she shut up pontificating about the sad morals in today’s world without even apologizing for the part that she may have played in their descent!

I agree with you about the pontificating part. I hate moralists. I just don't agree with holding some people to a higher set of standards than others.

The drug part was an example .. not literal.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I can't believe I'm defending Madonna LOL!

I guess I just don't agree with youguys on this. I don't LIKE her moralizing. I think she's an idiot. But I don't see how she's doing anything wrong. People grow. That's my point. With this little guy sitting on my lap I don't have time to think/type better examples. But I think youguys are taking my examples too literally.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I always find it amusing how people with no musical talent at all can quickly criticize those who have written, composed and performed scores of popular hits and have been well-known musicians and artists for years.

It's a tough business - always those who are quick to criticize.

Hillary, btw....Madonna is on "the cutting edge." I guess it all depends on what your definition of "cutting edge" is. Joni Mitchell would never come to my mind as a "cutting edge" artist, however i couldn't name one song by her if my life depended on it. To me that term refers to an artists ability to keep their style abreast with the current trends in music AND be successful, and Madonna has repeatedly done this through the years.

cheers,

jay

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    I always find it amusing how people with no musical talent at all can quickly criticize those who have written, composed and performed scores of popular hits and have been well-known musicians and artists for years. It's a tough business - always those who are quick to criticize.

Yes, I am in the business I know. It is my job to recognize and promote real musical talent. Madonna is a not a musician, she is an pantomine performer and is very good at what she does. What she does howver, could hardly be qualified as 'cutting edge' when the edges have already been cut before she turned her attention to them.

Hillary, btw....Madonna is on "the cutting edge." I guess it all depends on what your definition of "cutting edge" is. Joni Mitchell would never come to my mind as a "cutting edge" artist, however i couldn't name one song by her if my life depended on it. To me that term refers to an artists ability to keep their style abreast with the current trends in music AND be successful, and Madonna has repeatedly done this through the years.

I define the 'cutting edge' as the cutting edge should be defined, by those who consistently set a musical style, not those that follow one that is already set. You obviously are totally clueless about what you are talking about, as your ignorance of one of contemporary music's most iconoclastic figure, Joni Mitchell, is self admitted. Serious music takes serious listening, lets hope that your life never depends on it.....

HS

PS - For your benefit:

http://www.jonimitchell.com/

http://www.lauranyro.com

http://archive.keyboardonline.com/features/pianomania/lylemays.shtml

http://www.johntaylorjazz.com/pages/reviews.html

http://home.achilles.net/~howardm/stantracey/st.shtml

http://www.bertjansch.com/

http://www.eyeneer.com/Jazz/Ornette/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest