I called up Bethel a few minutes ago

by new boy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

What the heck.

I couldn't believe it, Norm Brekkie and Tom Combs are still alive.

Norm is so out of it he couldn't tell you what day of the week it was.

I talked to Larry Fisher he is gone mentally also. He couldn't even remember when he went to Bethel.

Then I called up Daryl Christenson. He wasn't so friendly. I forgot I had sent him the book I wrote about reincarnation called "Your Crazy Life". He wanted to know my standing with the organization. I said "I was out." He said he couldn't talk to me. He told me, I needed to go to the local elders. Funny he has been at Bethel for over 52 years and an elder for most that time. yet he couldn't talk to me but the local elders can.

Go figure!

P.S. He said he read my book cover to cover. I was very surprised.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

When i saw the thread tittle i couldnt help but roll my eyes, another clown calls bethel and wants to cry foul when some operator wont confess that the gb keep goats chained up their room for sexual abuse....

then i realized it was you and i quickly decided to read the thread since you are reasonable and actually KNOW how bethel works...

so, my preamble aside, its sad to realize how much and how long some people have dedicated, and for nothing. It really comes home in a case like you cited where you call old friends and they are “out of it”, as you describe. I look back and see how i was on that path, although bethel itself showed me how bad an idea a career there was... still looking forward to the book, btw :)

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Good stuff as usual Keith thanks for posting !

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I need context...I have no idea who the OP is thus the post makes no sense.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    He said he read my book cover to cover. I was very surprised.

Why surprised? Considering their usual literary fare poor guy probably gobbled it up !!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Newboy is a former bethelite and has written a soon to be published book on his experiances. This thread is a good start

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5466622169972736/introduction-chapter-1-new-boy-inside-look-world-headquarters-jehovahs-witnesses

He apparently called today to speak to old friends and related the experiances above.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hi new boy,

i heard Tom Comb’s wife, Carol, has died. She was Knorr’s housekeeper when I was there. (Was at their table in 75)

Gee such wasted lives.

It amazes me how strong the mind is to hold onto beliefs no matter what the facts are.

Joy

• new boy
    new boy

No Carol Combs is very much alive in fact she was the one that picked up the phone first today. It has been 45 years since I had been there so of course they didn't know who the hell I was. I told both Norm and Tom they are both be in my book. Tom said "it will be flattering?" "Of course" I said. I'm going to mail them all the book when it comes out.

The funny thing is,I saw so much nasty shit in just 4 years there can you imagine all the nasty stuff they have seen in over 50 years there....

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Joy;

''It amazes me how strong the mind is to hold onto beliefs no matter what the facts are.''

It's called FOG. Fear, Obligation and Guilt.

Obligated by Fear and Guilt. JW's are manipulated this way. It's a hard feeling to describe about this. I don't know whether or not to feel mad at them, or sorry for them. Having their lives manipulated, some for 50+years.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

New boy,

guess my sources at Bethel aren’t that accurate. Hmmmm oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit