by Atlantis 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

For RR:

We love you dearly!

Petra!
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Thx to RR for that background information and history. This is truly a find of EPIC proportions.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

A relation of mine worked in the bindery about then, and for a time worked on the embosser, which was the machine which put the gold lettering on the book covers. They did have occasional times where they would make something special for themselves. For instance, he made me a personal copy of the bible with a special cover. I think it was light blue, the color of the old Aid book, but on a bible. I don't think it was that unusual for them to make souvenirs like that, but I wasn't aware of making copies of non-JW books like the one described here.

• RolRod
    RolRod
    dropoffyourkeylee ... yes, we had several Bethelites in my congregation. I recently sold some of these special items on ebay. One was a Sing Praises to Jehovah songbook that had a black leather cover on it. Some books had the owners name embossed on the cover.
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

WingCommander:

-----------------------

dropoffyourkeylee:

----------------------

RolRod:

---------------------

I am serving up Cappuccino and Blackberry pie with whipped cream and pecan crush for all of you.

Petra!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As SBF says , it would be god to know who wrote the material, and who got it in to book form, and who they were aiming at. I guess the latter is fairly obvious, as the stuff that debunks JW Doctrine permeates the work. They wanted to alert JW's, probably others in bethel, but something stopped its wider distribution, probably The Purge.

This would have been incendiary stuff had it got to the ears of the Bethel Elders, even if they had simply got wind of its existence, but had they read the contents , they would have exploded ! it debunks their favourite thing of the time , which was bringing in recruits very fast, 1975. It also debunks a number of other favourite Doctrines of the JW's.

A fascinating piece of JW History indeed !

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Phizzy:

Yes, and in the book "In Search Of Christian Freedom", by Ray Franz, his book describes "hundred of thousands" of books that had to be destroyed because they did not agree with the governing body theology. The books were approved and made it all the way to the press, and then all of a sudden, BOOM, they had to be destroyed.

Petra!

• under the radar
    under the radar

RR, I too would like to thank you for making this book available. It was very unselfish of you.

For what it's worth, I think you are very smart to dispose of your old WT literature on eBay or the like. There are folks who will pay big bucks for certain rare publications. Good for you!

• lssjr
    lssjr
    RR and Atlantis i'm pretty sure that Lloyd Evans would want to hear from you.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    WT"...hundred of thousands" of books that had to be destroyed because they did not agree with the governing body theology. The books were approved and made it all the way to the press, and then all of a sudden, BOOM, they had to be destroyed."

Yes, Petra ...I remember one such big thick blue book...'Aid To Bible Understanding'...an ole favorite of mine!

WT must of had tens of thousands of them in stock. Then one day our friend Raymond Franz gets canned by a WT kangaroo court. After Ray's dfing...everything that he had authored or co-authored ended up in the shredder...there had to be hundreds of thousands of different pieces of literature that got trashed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit