The Watchtower's Most Secret Book!

by Atlantis 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Thank you Atlantis and Petra!

• Biahi
    Biahi

I met Tom Cabeen at an ex JW event in Schaumburg, IL a looong time ago. Wonderful man.

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

I thought it would be its bank account ledgers

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s from Tom Cabeen? I missed that in my haste. Who has owned it in the meantime? This book wasn’t mentioned by Ray Franz or Jim Penton in their books, or anywhere else as far as I know.

If it was printed on Watchtower presses then why doesn’t it look like any other Watchtower book? The type and number of pages is wrong. Shouldn’t it be 192, or another multiple of 16 or 32?

The argumentation sounds more like evangelical opposers than 1970s JW apostate at bethel. It strongly promotes the Trinity and simply brushes aside NWT renderings such as John 1:1. My impression is that most 1970/80s apostates at bethel were a bit more nuanced than that, or at least took longer to arrive at such strong conclusions.

Maybe it’s real, but I think it’s worth scrutinising with a skeptical eye.

If it’s real then this is truly an amazing document.

I am very grateful to Atlantis/Petra for bringing it to us, either way!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

smiddy3:

Slidin Fast:

Phizzy:

Bobcat:

Biahi:

Clarkey:

slimboyfat:

Other Bethelites who were at Bethel during the purge and still members of this board, have written to us and remarked that they remember this book, but never thought they would be able to have a copy. This led us to believe that there weren't very many copies made.

Thank you!

Petra!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Barbra Anderson would be a good person to go to for verification.

If it comes from the mouth of Barbra then it can’t be a lie. Lol

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

joe134cd:

Already sent it to her!

Petra!

• vienne
    vienne

Can we attach an author's name to this?

• scholar
    scholar

vienne

My suspicion is that this publication was authored by Ed Dunlap consistent with the views of some Bethelites during that period.

scholar

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The Bible Student who sent the book to Atlantis said: [ The book was given to me by Tom Cabeen] That same Bible Student was once a member of this board and very well respected.

He was always posting rare items on this board just like Atlantis.

Grandpa scanned the book for him and sent him a link. The Bible Student didn't keep the book because it does not go along with a lot of Bible Student theology.

One former Bethelite wrote to us and said he remembered the book but was unable to get a copy.

Randall Watters, former Bethelite Elder, described several "secret books" that were going around Bethel at that time. But the ones he mentioned were graffiti and cartoons.

Randy's report describes 10 interrogation questions used to purge out anyone who did not agree with the governing body.

Then he said: "We made up our own 10 questions" Please note that the book has 10 chapters, and is designed just like a Watchtower magazine, with the paragraphs at top and questions at the bottom of the pages.

Several people have said the book has a flavor of Ed Dunlap. But I don't really know. I would think Tom Cabeen had more to do with it than anyone else.

Most of my comments are coming from Atlantis, because I was not even born yet when all of this took place.

Petra!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit