Have you seen this appalling new Caleb and Sophia video??

by stuckinarut2 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

168 รท 4 = 42

42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Sophia can't figure it out herself. She is rewarded by spirit creatures cheering when she refuses the Answer (TTATT?) from a worldly classmate.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nice catch BETTERDAZE!

I wonder if someone snuck that in there. . . .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "Jehovah`s Witnesses will never ever become a mainstream religious organization..."

Pretty sure they don't actually want to.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

GREAT pick up betterdaze!!

That is another level of irony.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I thought they did make it clear that it was a violent video game, via Caleb's fantasy, and I have to say, as a parent, I can get behind that part of the message--way better for young kids to run around playing ball than be hunched over a screen shooting victims. And teaching kids not to cheat, well, no objection there. But it was all wrapped up in what we can easily identify as that particular brand of JW ideology--higher education is bad, even wanting/dreaming about it is bad and oh yeah--thousands of old men with white beards are watching your every move ALL THE TIME.

Yikes.

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

The fact that Sophia didn't even try to answer the simple math problem just reeks of stupidity. Who doesn't even try?

Have some questions? Don't try to answer it for yourself. Just ignore it for later. Better to not know the answer (blank answer) than go looking in the wrong places (answer from classmate).

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

utter stupidity and if I was god I'd be well pissed off with Jesus, he lied, led people astray to follow a dream that never materialised, a false prophet basically, a snake oil salesman, an ancient Amway salesman and Madoff incarnation

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So Sophia is told NOT to seek the praise of people for being successful at using her "god given brain", but is told to picture the heavenly throngs all praising her??

So, it is encouraging a self-centered view! It distorts JW kids minds to think that the heavenly throngs are focussed on THEM PERSONALLY! How conceited and selfish!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit