And this isn't a cult? Wife put on name tag for zoom assembly

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

And this isn't a cult? just saw my wife put on her name tag for the zoom assembly.... What the what? I thought these things werent even live.

My young son said and i quote, " Thats some screwed up shit "

Wow just wow, just when i thought i couldn't see her be more brain washed. Damn Damn Damn is all i could say.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Cults can have a way of provoking irrational stupidity by making people subjective and loyal to the directions of their orchestrative leaders.

The observation of just how loyal and obedient to the organization is in kind identifying oneself toward their spiritual strength and devotion to god.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Mr. Finkelstein,

i understand, but it still doesn't make it less creepy. I feel so helpless in the situation i am. i feel the only way out of the situation is a divorce. this is only if she doesn't wake up. which she won't , what a waste of life.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"My young son said and i quote, " Thats some screwed up shit "

goingthruthemotions....You have a smart son.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

For the last few Sunday's mornings my family members have been putting on WhatsApp pictures of themselves dressed up , badges on , pre assembly bacon rolls , reviews of the program and news paper articles of assembly's being streamed , pretending that they are at the assembly .

It's a controlling cult and they can't , won't acknowledging how daft it all is.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's sad to see family, people you like and love, switched off their rational thinking.

It's like they are in a stream, a wild river, trying to keep their head above the water.

Instead of taking some rest in this difficult times, they are in full sect mode, and they don't know it.

Sect!!!

G.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I feel the only way out of the situation is a divorce

Well hold on, I hope that doesn't happen.

Well maybe you can discreetly place some real things about the Watchtower Corporation and how it really was originally and still is a commercialized apostate false prophet.

Which the bible even warns about.

The original men who started this organization were corrupt opportunistic sinners in their acts of charlatanism and intentionally lure others in sharing of their sins which inevitably procured their own self empowerment toward themselves.

• waton
    waton
    s a commercialized apostate false prophet.

F: wt people have the answer, : the "false prophet" is the anglo -american world power.

The whole bit to fully dress up for zoom is like the who;e arrangement. it is a charade, like today's wt: talking to an invisible man in the sky that cares because this miraculously born carpenter died, to defeat the talking snake.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

Oh, God...

This is the second time in 15 minutes that I'm actually going to DEFEND this religion *cringe*.

Is there anything creepy or wrong about wearing your team's Jersey when watching a game on TV at home?

Is there anything creepy wrong with employees wearing uniforms while in a video conference call?

Is there anything creepy or wrong with wearing your wedding ring when your spouse is away and you're home alone?

How about students wearing their cap and gown at their virtual graduation?

Dressing respectfully for a virtual funeral?

It's about enhancing the experience and feeling connected, even if you're not there physically.

It's also a coping mechanism to deal with how abnormal and even uncomfortable our current way of life has become.

I'm sure we have bigger fish to fry when it comes to this organization than whether or not JWs are trying, like everybody else, to ground themselves in a semblance of normalcy in this crazy time.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Goingthruthemotions Ask her this:

If Jesus got married, what sort of a husband would he be?

Obviously he remained single. So what sort of a husband would he approve of? What sort of husband do you think the modern day GB make?

If she says "good husbands, loving, faithfull in sickness and health" etc, say you agree.

Then tell her about Judge Rutherford deserting his disabled JW wife and son and not seeing them for over 20 years...that they didn't even attend his funeral. (actually he even had a mistress, check out JWfacts.com)

Then ask if she thinks Jesus would choose such a man to lead his people on earth...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit