And this isn't a cult? Wife put on name tag for zoom assembly

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

She's still in, if you were too, you'd possibly be sitting right next to her with your name tag on. It's a cult, yes, but you only see that now that you're on the outside looking in. She hasn't changed, you have, and that makes it difficult for both of you. As you know, I'm in a similar boat. I went home today and found my wife sitting at the kitchen table, watching the convention, taking notes. WTF?! You got your mind out, she hasn't, and she feels alone. She lost her spiritual head. She feels alone. If she doesn't wake up, she just goes deeper. She believes the end will come at any time. She may never wake up from it and you might not ever be able to reconcile that. It's a difficult path for both of you. No easy answers.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

#wannabefree

I'm in the same boat.

My wife still lives me no matter what, but we're both dealing with a lot of disappointment and confusion right now.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You sure it is even zoom? The one here is streaming with no interaction.

Yes I do think sports fans are daft. But they are not instructed to wear the gear like witnesses are.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I wonder if someone could count the number of JW marriages where one person is in and the other is out, what percentage would be wife IN / Husband OUT?

Somehow it seems women tend to be less likely to wake up from the cult delusion.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

Witnesses are not instructed to wear the gear either. They dress up for Zoom, since that is interactive like the meeting. Usually many will watch the convention after the the shortened WT study, so they are already dressed up. If someone wears a badge, then it's for the same reason as was already mentioned by someone, like wearing a t-shirt to support a team. Personally I think wearing a badge is daft, then again I wouldn't wear a team shirt either if just watching it on TV. Some people like to take pictures at the convention for memories sake, so with Covid-19, they will take pictures at home, badge and all, also for memories sake, like hey, do you remember how we all had the convention at home in 2020?

But no one is instructed to dress up to view the convention, which a lot of Witnesses will watch snippets of through the week, some in their pajamas...

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Of course wearing a team shirt isn't really the same as having a name badge on in your own home...it's rather silly to identify yourself when home alone or with your family...

It can be compared to someone insisting to visibly wear his work security badge while watching a work instruction video from home....and then proudly shares selfies he did it just like that.

Wearing a name badge for convention is just another sacred JW tradition....of the type they criticize other religions for.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

JWS now days idolize a graven image JWorg.

Wearing a lapel is just an act to show loyalty to the Org.

China Jw. Org Logo Metal Lapel Pin and Tie Pin - China Jw. Org Tie ...

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Not sure about other countries. But in my cong, no one has been asked to wear a badge, just have been asked to watch the convention from their homes at their own convenience. Those who cant access the video can watch in on zoom after the meetings. The announcements stated that if anyone wanted a badge, they can contact the elders who can give them a copy. In the session last Sunday, not a single soul had the badge or any lapel on.

Not sure about the fuss of the name tags. Now that I work from home, in my office meetings, I have to compulsorily have the video on, wear a full suit, wear my office ID, and have a plain wall behind me. In fact, all the conferences that I have attended virtually or digitally, I was requested to wear a name tag or get risked being thrown out.

Attending a JW meeting is far simpler and fuss-free. If someone is wearing a badge, then its their choice. There's no official instruction mandating it.

• Still-out
    Still-out

About 1/2 of my relatives did although I don't think there's an official directive to wear them. They also stand until the announcements are over and they are told, "You may be seated."

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The local instructions are to dress up and watch the whole thing at once right after the shortened WT.

Maybe a necktie keeps the holy spirit from escaping

As for business zoom meetings, they actually serve a purpose so decorum is appropriate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit