Islam is RIGHT about Women

by Simon 21 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Apparently someone put this short message on posters and it's driving people mad because they don't know how they are supposed to react to it.

Do you agree or disagree? Is it insulting women, islam, both or neither?

It's a clever sign and really shows up the cognitive dissonance of the lefts identity politics.

https://johnmarksays.com/blog/2019/9/24/islam-is-right-about-women-the-best-meme-of-2019

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/26/the-genius-of-the-islam-is-right-about-women-stunt/

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The genius of this is that it's ambiguous.

People don't know how to take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r6EbBGTiw0

I loved seeing the burka-clad woman saying 'everyone's allowed an opinion and I respect it', as if she doesn't necessarily agree with 'Islam is right about women' XD

Trolling the left is often very good fun.

Long may it continue.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

SIMON

IS

RIGHT

ABOUT

FUNNY

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Islam is abhorrent.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Simon are you really suggesting that people concerned with civil liberties don't know that some religious and political ideologies have greater social value than others? Are you repeating the trope that religious commentary and critique is forbidden by people who respect people of those religions? You have spent way too much time in the echo chamber.

The first link is horrific in its sexism and dystopian racist paranoia:

We did a terrible disservice to the women of the West by believing that the minority of crazed, satanic equalitarians who demanded equal voting rights (at the behest of a much sneakier group of foreign invaders) without offering anything in return, were representative of the true desires of all women. Many women today understand, at least intuitively, that politics is not their natural realm, nor is business, because ultimately politics and business are the realms of resource acquisition and property defence, and when the structures of civilisation begin to crumble, these matters are dealt with in one universal language: violence....Islam is right about women. It knows that they lack the talent and biology for violence that we men were born for. Politics is a proxy for violence, and it is the “liberation” of women in the West that has brought us to our knees. It’s time to bring back the Christian Patriarchy. The woke women of today may kick and scream in defiance, but the wise women of today, and the girls and women of tomorrow will thank us for saving them from the alternative....We simply need to become as active and intolerant as our enemies, and then more so. The least tolerant group always wins.

That writer should be on a NSA watch list. What a bizarre paranoid rant. Enemies? really? Women who want equality and voting rights are enemies? People who express concern for marginalized people are enemies?

The second link is equally bizarre. The link to a news report reveals that most all the persons interviewed gave well balanced answers. There was confusion about the motivation of the person that posted the cryptic sign but no intellectual dissonance as claimed by the article. The Muslim lady gave a great tolerant respectful reply, another pointed out that the wrongness of implying Islam was a homogeneous entity that hated women. Generally most responded with condemnation of what the sign was trying to do, stir people up and cause divisions.

The ultra right has set up these false narratives insisting some broad leftist conspiracy exists. In their minds only. Passionate individuals do overreact to perceived wrongs, sure, but for folks not neck deep in conspiracy theory, this doesn't not add up up to labeling others "enemies".

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The only problem I'd have with it is that they posted it on a public sign.

We are conditioned now to look for offense...any are just waiting to be provoked. I'm guessing that if the sign said anything as vague or cryptic at about Men....no one would bat an eye.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I bet those Islam extremists pee on their shoes at a urinal.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon are you really suggesting that people concerned with civil liberties don't know that some religious and political ideologies have greater social value than others?

Yes. Some people who claim they care about civil liberties also claim that all cultures are equal or that western cultures are actually worse.

Are you really suggesting that doesn't happen?

Are you repeating the trope that religious commentary and critique is forbidden by people who respect people of those religions? You have spent way too much time in the echo chamber.

It's a known fact. In Canada the liberals have been pushing for actual laws that would make criticism of Islam a crime.

So no, not any echo chamber, real life, real concerns.

And you're confusing the people and the ideology. All religions should be fair game for criticism and ridicule and Islam is up there in the league table of 'most deserving'.

That writer should be on a NSA watch list.

Wow, you're all for state control aren't you? Voice an opinion you don't like and the government should stop you travelling? Should Islamists be on NSA watch lists? After all, they do have more of a history of damaging aircraft and the people on them.

What a bizarre paranoid rant. Enemies? really? Women who want equality and voting rights are enemies? People who express concern for marginalized people are enemies?

No, women who voice suicidal support for hateful ideologies that would subjugate them.

Islam is incompatible with equality. That was the point of the message, everyone knows it, idiots deny it.

Anyway, I can't be bothered answering the rest of your drivel, as soon as you start taking about "the ultra right" I know you're one of the nuts who sees nazis in Starbucks and thinks all women are angels and any man who dare question one's claims is an evil misogynist.

I think womankind have proven they have as much share of stupid as most, if not more. If you don't believe me, I can show you millions marching without a clue what they are marching for.

Irrational harpies, millions of them, they are everywhere.

I think the ones that shout down criticism of Islam may be well intentioned but they are dumb beyond belief.

But anyway, are you saying Islam is wrong about women? So people are right about Islam then ...

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Yes. Some people who claim they care about civil liberties also claim that all cultures are equal or that western cultures are actually worse. Are you really suggesting that doesn't happen?

I'm sure someone somewhere has said something as simplistic as that. Certainly not mainstream Democrats. Everyone I know Democrat, Republican and other share a love for America and the freedoms of the Western world. I personally speak out about oppressive religion and governments all the time. I have posted comments on this forum critical of radical Islam. There is a clear distinction between that and stereotypically offensive remarks about the religion of a billion people and then labeling anyone who calls you out for it an "enemy". The article you endorsed went to far as saying others are genetically inferior.

I would say that the morality Christianity teaches “has contributed to” making the West the most desirable place on the planet to live. Other huge factors are genetics and rule of law.
    It's a known fact. In Canada the liberals have been pushing for actual laws that would make criticism of Islam a crime.

Motion 103 was passed as a nonbinding private member motion as a call for civil behavior and condemning Islamophobia. Previous motions specifically condemned anti-Semitism and bigoted hate toward Christian minorities. It is not a law and does not even discourage comparative religious discussion. But if someday someone does try to make it a law, that's how government works. In America we have a steady stream of dead bills that have been proposed. So what? Canadians are similarly not as dumb as you seem to think they are.

What a bizarre paranoid rant. Enemies? really? Women who want equality and voting rights are enemies? People who express concern for marginalized people are enemies?
    No, women who voice suicidal support for hateful ideologies that would subjugate them.

I was quoting the article you endorsed that said women were biologically unsuited for voting and business. If you wisely want to disavow that position now, I'd understand. Ironic isn't it how some insist Islam requires women be subjugated while at the same time targeting an Islamic woman in the US House of Representatives. That's called cognitive dissonance.

But anyway, are you saying Islam is wrong about women? So people are right about Islam then ..

"Islam" is a broad spectrum of sects and personal identities. Just like Judaism can't be reduced to one set of standards and beliefs and Christianity from radicalized fundamentalists to ecumenical Methodists. Islam is just as diverse. It should be obvious to you that is the case. We have a couple Muslim friends, workmates of my wife and her belly dancing partners. Well educated professionals with very tolerant views about religion even Christmas and such. Yet they take serious their identification with their faith.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Wow, you're all for state control aren't you? Voice an opinion you don't like and the government should stop you travelling?

Not by a long shot, but the author of that article holds radical ideas that strongly suggest he being on the authorities radar.

These are radicalized words:

"We are currently the biggest losers, because we let our enemies set the terms of warfare, instead of setting them ourselves to our biggest advantages...….and when the structures of civilization begin to crumble, these matters are dealt with in one universal language: violence…..We simply need to become as active and intolerant as our enemies, and then more so. The least tolerant group always wins......with the horde of foreign invaders on the horizon, and the Trojan horses already firmly planted within our countries, it is time to stop asking women what they want, and start providing for them the civilisation which we and they know in their hearts will give them the most joy: Family; Church; Country; Civilisation.….Let’s drive the beast into its vortex, and re-declare our sovereignty as Western Christian men. Deus vult.

That last closing was a call to kill Muslims in God's name during the Crusades. Don't mess around and get away from these people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit