Here's another subtle reverse-witnessing topic:

by neat blue dog 23 Replies latest jw friends

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    neat blue dog, Nothing wrong Disagreeing. After all, most of us here are cult victims and now we enjoy the freedom of free speech.
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    (since 1880) 17 of those years have been in this century. Its not evidence for the last days of course but its surely grounds for some conclusions to form.

My conclusion would be that before that year temperatures weren't recorded as accurately or regularly, similarly to how autism rates have 'gone up' due to diagnosis alone, even of very subtle spectrums.

Nothing wrong Disagreeing. After all, most of us here are cult victims and now we enjoy the freedom of free speech.

Amen.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is a good point to make.

Media reports are generally poorly presented. Often a headline will be that “... rates are going up” without referencing the timeframe. Also it is significant if it is a reference to a number or percentage.

By most measures, things have improved significantly over the last few centuries.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We are living in the best time of human history in many ways.

Medical improvements abound. Would we prefer to live in the Middle Ages when people died at 25 from a head cold??

• skin
    skin

I sometimes use something similar when I hear that "this is the worst time in human history" or somesuch....

..."You'd rather live in the Old West? The Middle Ages? The Roman Empire?

Or any time, anywhere before 1914.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah but, ah but, yeah but... it’s a composite sign, doncha know!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The years with the highest recorded world temperature (since 1880) 17 of those years have been in this century. Its not evidence for the last days of course but its surely grounds for some conclusions to form.

(Cobweb i agree by the way)

But with reference to JW thinking and the "last days," in the above scenario i would say "since measurements have only been taken for parts of 3 centuries, there's one third of a chance the hottest/wettest/most volcanoes etc etc would be in this century anyway. I don't think odds like that are in any way remarkable".

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In China the government demolished a mega church , the JWs are all love in it now , means governments about to turn on false religion. One JW even posted the comment “now it starts “

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Funny how government attacks on churches is 'turning on false religion', while government attacks on them personally is "persecution".

"now it starts" lol, they said that almost 20 years ago when the Catholic Church was in the news for child molestation, (guess they didn't know it was coming their way too in a year or two).

• stillin
    stillin

Nbd, most Witnesses don't know that their religion is being outed for its' child abuse policies. The WT doesn't report those things anywhere in their pubs or online, and most Witnesses don't follow the news much. Certainly not anything negative about the WT. Elders are aware of changing protocols for handling these things but they don't do any digging in the media for details. Satan can't be trusted, you know.

Thoase factoids can be subtly inserted into conversations. Take it or leave it. Just like the weather.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit