March 2018 Study Watchtower

by Listener 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Not even one mention in the bible of young persons getting baptized! The bible only records "men and women" never " young men and virgins" as being baptized!

But-but-but the wt patterns their religion after the first century christian congregation? I call bulls**t!

just saying!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Jws: we aren't trying to make converts just discuss the bible.

Jws: we don't pressure kids to get baptized.

Two blatant lies jws tell new people.

• btlc
    btlc

Even God's son must waited till he was 30 to get baptized! He first finished his school, finished the training for job, made some business as carpenter, optionaly travel the world (to India and back), optionaly made some kids on the way, and THEN decided to get baptized. What a wonderfull example to follow!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

"a child is accountable to God when the child knows what is right and what is wrong in Jehovah’s eyes"

Is this their way of redirecting blame to sexually abused children from pedophiles within the congregation? Are they going to require that the child scream before penetration and if not it's considered consensual? So they can disfellowship the child and leave the old pervert in his organizational position because the child was so tempting.

There are so many subjects that WT just needs to stay away from and shut up.

• waton
    waton

Wt may have lowered the age of consent, but even grown ups at their baptism do not understand, and are not advised what the clause " part of spirit directed organisation " really means.

Bible writers should have thought of that, and included it in the earlier extant scrolls. drole.

• poopie
    poopie

wow just wow

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. I haven't read the article, but from the comments, there hasn't been much change, if any. The psychological warfare on parents and children doesn't seem any different from when I was a child of JW's in the sixties.

• waton
    waton

Black sheep, good to read you again! 60s? cold war? Reading wt articles is like the CIA and armchair spies then trying to decipher USSR trends by reading between the lines of "PRAVDA" The "truth" newspaper in Moscow.

WT tea leaf reading It is a favoured sport here. exposing wt lingo for what it is.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Constantly beating down the members and their attitude towards children prove they do not have any themselves and have zero clue how to treat them.

Also this article and their constant push to get young ones baptized proves to me that they are not growing like they claim but loosing members and therefore are trying to get as many children baptized as possible so they become trapped in the cult.

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

I’m pretty sure that previous WT articles, from years’ past, actually made the case for NOT baptizing young kids. I distinctly remember a WItness telling me, years ago, that “we don’t do child baptisms, as those Catholics do.”

It would be nice to have some references to the old articles which discouraged child baptism to shove in their faces.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit