Surely the constant begging must be getting embarrassing

by konceptual99 20 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So we had a begging letter for Chelmsford tonight followed by a SM item with a video begging for money. Surely this is getting embarrassing. It's constant.

Has everyone forgotten how we were asked to dig deep for Chelmsford when it was announced? The pause to the build and the slowdown now gives the perfect opportunity to ask for more money so off the elders go and act as the GB tax collectors.

Does anyone have a time line on how often they ask for money? Can the recent frequency be compared to the past? I only ever remember it once a year.

Ironically, the brother started the item about being as cautious as serpents with the question "how do we know we are sheep". My immediate reaction - cos we are constantly fleeced!

• Deltawave
    Deltawave
    Yes I got up and walked out in disgust.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So we had a begging letter for Chelmsford tonight followed by a SM item with a video begging for money. Surely this is getting embarrassing. It's constant.....Konceptual99

...................................Image result for Watchtower Logo

.......Image result for No Shame Show.Image result for side Show Logo

..................................Image result for begging for money

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes we had that letter too, it also stated that the GB had said the project is to go ahead again which has surprised quite a few in our congregation.

The brother that did the second item showed the video and missed off the part from the Nov 15th WT which is the annual begging article.

To think it's an organisation that never solicits for funds!

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Stephen Lett said in the May broadcast that he personally doesn't get embarrassed 'talking candidly about finances'. But then, he strikes me as the sort of person who doesn't embarrass easily at all, even when perhaps it's warranted.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the WTS is going through a bout of greed right now, they have realized how valuable their properties have been after selling off many of its branches, now its wants even more to build bigger and more technological advanced facilities such as the new UK Chelmsford branch.

They seem to want to go toward internet information route now, pushing to eliminate printing as much as possible.

In view of the fact the most of the doctrines that this organization was established upon have become redundantly useless and weak , maybe the leaders are preparing for a slow decline and they are looking toward the future to sustain the organization as long as they themselves are around.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    yes all these cries for money aren't going unnoticed. People are talking and asking questions too.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    What does "solicit money" mean? The lastest letter asking for money ends that Watchtower does not solicit money. Is there some nuance to the word solicit that I am missing?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It's pathetic. Hopefully they will keep it up. I think it's making a lot of the rank and file question this tactic and the supposed Holy Spirit.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Totally agree with Outlaw's post: the WT leaders are complete scumbags without a scintilla of shame ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit