Why did you leave the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Vanderhoven7 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Ahh, Vander where to begin but I'll race through a few aha moments. Comment made in public talk how dangerous it is to rely on your own thinking/understanding -- then why did the creator give out brains. I knew first hand the problems/issues of the irresponsible, dependent, people, and the pecking order of the clique(s). Another comment by an elder in big clique how we go on serving Jehovah no matter if there's an end in sight - yeah when we die must be the end so why should I listen to this muck and be miserable here. The scripture (Matthew?) re/heavy burdens and tired come to Jehovah and felt no peace/rest in this asylum. The scripture re/religious leaders placing heavy loads, burdens, hit me like a ton of bricks and I knew it was all fraudulent.

I witnessed first hand within first few mos the hypocrisy/horror of the flock -- calls for free legal, jobs, (cleaning, yard work, etc., errands and handouts -- everything from wanna be designers/contractors, you name it) and I do admit there was one person who was dependable and took her job serious. Also, some good elders outside of a couple -- only knew on surface level (and that's enough for me) but I never relinquished my own busy social life nor extra curricular activities/college plans for child/nephews regardless of couple of hard-liners' demands. Didn't care what they thought nor did I ban my child/nephews' extra curricular activities. I've never met so many irresponsible people in my life and many can't help the way they've been reared/brainwashed but the conniving misfits (bad guidance from clergy class at the top/Gov Goons and inside leaders. Felt sad for the kids. The religion failed adherents miserably instead of helping them be independent, trust worthy, autonomous, individuals, and to work hard or you don't eat -- that's Rule #1 in my book.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    “You’ve lost that lovely feeling, ohh ohh ohh, that lovely feeling.” —The (ex) Righteous Brothers
  • LV101
    LV101

"Lookin' for Love in all the Wrong Places" -- Johnny Lee/Urban Cowboy or God/truth whatever the case may be.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The scripture re/religious leaders placing heavy loads, burdens, hit me like a ton of bricks

Okay, I'm sorry for my warped sense of humor but this comment made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.

• LV101
    LV101

Okay, I'm sorry for my warped sense of humor but this comment made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Bummer like diggin' up bones thinking about the place.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Fisherman

“You’ve lost that lovely feeling, ohh ohh ohh, that lovely feeling.” —The (ex) Righteous Brothers

Great song btw.

Here is a girl who clearly did not lose her loving feeling.

https://m.facebook.com/nationalbiblebee/videos/memorize-the-bible-this-summer/166367996352487/
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Van:

“Then David praised Jehovah before the eyes of all the congregation. David said: “May you be praised, O Jehovah the God of Israel our father, throughout all eternity. 11 Yours, O Jehovah, are the greatness and the mightiness and the beauty and the splendor and the majesty, for everything in the heavens and on the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Jehovah. You are the One exalting yourself as head over all. 12 The riches and the glory are from you, and you rule over everything, and in your hand there are power and mightiness, and your hand is able to make great and to give strength to all. 13 And now, O our God, we thank you and praise your beautiful name.” 1Ch 29:10-13

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Fisherman

Reads fine in the NWT as well.

Yes it seems that most of the respondents on this thread left the organization because they sensed the lack of that genuine "loving feeling" that is necessarily associated with truth.

Do you feel that Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest, well adjusted and most loving people on earth? Do you think the young lady in the video and those evaluating her perhaps love Jehovah and His Son as much or even more than you? Will God destroy them because they do not associate with your organization?

Why haven't you left the organization for the same or similar reasons the wonderful "apostates" on this thread have?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Do you think the young lady in the video and those evaluating her perhaps love Jehovah and His Son as much or even more than you?

No, she faked pretending first she didn’t know the verse then all of a sudden she quotes it. Seems rehearsed. Sadly, that puts into question the spontaneous feeling of her tears if this was planned. I get emotional too when reading certain verses that apply to me.

If we use ancient Israel and the early Christian church as a rule, conduct by fellow believers and of those in positions of authority don’t invalidate the authenticity of the Church.

It discredits the apostate who was not convinced but dove in head first into JW. Because how can you become unconvinced after witnessing empirically the evidence of God’s Holy Spirit? Obviously, God wasn’t in the equation and that is why someone leaves and then says it ain’t true is the reason. How can someone claim they took a measurement and then say later on they never struck the rock?

The relationship is with God and that is very personal and real —what others do don’t change that.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Fisherman,

Re: Do you think the young lady in the video and those evaluating her perhaps love Jehovah and His Son?

<<No, she faked pretending first she didn’t know the verse then all of a sudden she quotes it.>>

Actually, she did not pretend anything. She knew where the quote came from. That's why she pressed her buzzer. She temporarily struggled for the name of the book itself. Watch it again.

Funny how JWs claim they don't judge others. I'm afraid that your organization has blinded you to reject even the evidence provided by the faith of children and turn their faith into fabrication.

Similarly, based on a numerical theory, the men you put your trust in judge 99.9% of the those martyred prior to the 20th century for the name of Christ as non Christians, just as they judge 99.9% of those who name the name of Christ today worthy of annihilation.

Simply a case of the blind leading the blind.

Can't people love the Father and the Son without associatiating with an organization in Warwick New York?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit