Does anyone have a photo copy they can share of a TMS topic?

by jojorabbit 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

I am looking for a TMS that was published in the early 70s that said many have sold homes to go where the need was great, this is a fine way to spend ones time in the last days. I am trying to remember how it was said to the best of my knowledge but this is close.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

So many of us have been out for so long that we forgot the titles of the publications. In this case, please spell out the publication or publications you are referring to. Don't just put letters or numbers in your post. I wonder how many are scratching their heads and saying to themselves....."what the hell is TMS?

I know I am.

• Ding
    Ding

Kingdom Ministry, May, 1974, p. 3 said, "Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end."

HappyDad, TMS = Theocratic Ministry School.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Go to jwfacts com all the pdf's you need!

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

Ding that is the one thanks.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

JoJorabbit Hi if you DM Atlantis or Twitter Jason M. Wynne @jasonmwynne founder of Avoidjw.org as he can assess most watchtower documents and either has it or knows where to get it.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Didn't it originally say "months remaining" and was later revised?

I do love how they still have to deal with the fact that "short time remaining" doesn't quite cover a period of 48 years...

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

Its funny, but they are always hiding old writings. As time goes on they have more and more they have to hide. This group is so full of crap its crazy. I know of several older ones who are changing their mind because they are in their 80s and nothing not one thing has happened the way they were told it would. Old people trying to live off of Social Security because they put nothing away for retirement and now can not work. Its sad, they made their bed but its sad.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOJORABBIT:

Everything you say is true.

I came into the JW religion as a young working person in the later part of the ‘70s. Nobody ever mentioned a word about the mess you describe. It was all hidden from me and other new recruits. So, all the Witnesses who sold all their belongings, etc. after 1975 had to start all over again. They suffered in silence because it was never mentioned.

I ended up ‘Fading’ from the religion after the 1995 Generation teaching and in time I Retired from my full-time job. What you mention about elderly JWs today who have a small SS amount of income because they barely worked is an actual fact..These are the ones who pioneered years ago and hated me because I wouldn’t quit my full-time job.

Today there are far too many needy people in the JW religion with their hands out - and I’m Glad I’m not around any of them.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Let me know if you want the entire Kingdom Ministry. No problem!

Here you go!

Click the image to Zoom in.

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit