Does anyone have a photo copy they can share of a TMS topic?

by jojorabbit 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The following is a quote from the infamous 1969 Awake magazine that is not available to JW rank & file. The title of the article: Do Not Pursue Higher Education:

"If you are a young person, you also
    need to face the fact that you will
    never grow old in this present system
    of things. Why not? Because all the
    evidence in fulfillment of Bible
    prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" Awake May 22, 1969 pg 15

Those children & young teens to whom this article was initially written are now in their 70s & 80s...with no retirement...without a home to call their own...little to no money in the bank...hardly any net worth...dependant and a burden on friends and family...very sad!

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

gonebad, I have that very BV. I just acquired a hard to find. 1947 BV that says the Catholic Excommunication is evil and unbiblical. The JWs did say all these things. The recordings of the talks "Stay Alive Till 75!" are still around. It was no secret at the time they were pushing the idea that the end would come in 1975. I know of several family's in my area that quit jobs and moved to the country side in my area. After that came and went many said they did not move to the rural areas for 1975. It was just a move. LOL they are lying through their teeth. Such cognitive dissonance and delusion JWs have to live it.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Hi @ jojorabbit,

If I don't aquire a Watchtower document through @Atlantis or @Petra I usually download from jw-wayback, here:

http://jw-wayback.org/en/static1/library

http://jw-wayback.org/en/static1/library

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RATTIGAN:

How, you say? These misguided people thought Armageddon would come before their money ran out. The ‘New System’ would be here so therefore finding housing would be no problem. After all, the rest of mankind would supposedly be dead..so they could live in that big beautiful house they always coveted. 🙄

JW GONE BAD:

That 1969 article should go down in infamy. There are many JWs alive today (mostly the Boomer generation) who heeded this advice and are suffering today as you mentioned. They have next to no preparation for retirement and have to work hard jobs.

This mistake has been repeated in recent years with a new batch of younger people selling assets to go pioneer. Some also dropped out of the workforce before actual retirement age to go pioneer. Their unwise actions have not been discouraged and I’m sure they got pats on the back from people in their congregations.

The result of all this stupidity and policies of no college and no career is that today the congregations are filled with too many people with their hands out (I bet more than anywhere else)..I realize the halls were closed for two years because of Covid so these people needing handouts had to get creative in asking for money.

There are many reasons I’m Glad I’m Out of the JW religion. But, I would NEVER go anywhere I am ‘the responsible person who worked, etc.’ with a target painted on me for all the fools who are looking for a handout! Nope.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things.

There you go, an example of an absolute statement regarding the end. If you are a young person, it is a FACT that you will NEVER grow old. That was over 50 years ago.

And in case anyone wants to quibble over how to define "young person" or "grow old", keep in mind that they go on to say that even six or eight years might be all that is left. This is the same organization that encouraged young people not to marry or have children in the late 1930s. Is it long enough to point out how wrong and awful that was?

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

I have informants and kingdom ministries from 1954 to 2019. I can look for the exact article based on the comments if you would like a picture. I just don't have a photocopy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit