I'm still on my JWN holidays but had to pop back to share this experience.

by nicolaou 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I always think it's best to not antagonize and to speak to them with compassion and understanding.

In all fairness, the majority have blinders on that are, for all intents and purposes, are glued on with cement and we have to chip away at them until they fall off or are removed by the individual themselves.

It reminds me of when Mary went to look for Jesus at his tomb after he had been killed. Jesus appeared to her but Mary was unable to recognize him until he called out to her then her eyes were opened and she recognized him.

That's how it is with members. They are unable to see something that has been obvious and right in front of them all this time. How many times have you heard "I can't believe I fell for that or used to believed that!"

• Simon
    Simon
    Elder Dave is not my enemy, he needs freeing too.

:thumbsup:

Many people forget this part. People can be both prison guard and prisoner at the same time.

Pity he didn't get the opportunity to be informed.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bet he gets a convention part for quitting his job.

Sylvia

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    It's your JAY- dar (or J-dar) it never fails eh? Yup, a certain type of person, raised in the WT, really does not feel safe out in the " world" and they say they're not a cult cos they live with us and not in a compound!!!What a joke....they are so cut off, as the society wants them to be .... and yes individual dubs don't know any better so it's good to let them see it's possible to leave and be really ok. Let us know how he gets on....at least he's working and not pretending to be ill like they usually do in the UK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit