WTB&TS And The Lawyers They Employ.

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

I have seen the Members of the GB on a T shirt and on it ,it said "Defendants" . Very funny and true!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They have just lost a case they fought all the way to the Supreme Court in Sweden. They were charged under a Swedish Law for showing Videos that were harmful to children. They Lost ! Ha Ha, those videos are as harmful as the old pictures in the Books showing people dying at Armageddon were to us.

More donation $$$ and Kroner down the drain.

Should they show those Videos anywhere now that children are in attendance ? NO !

• millie210
    millie210

When we look at the legal representation they used in Australia to defend themselves it was a mixture, wasn't it?

I remember a youngish blond woman who was from a JW elite family and allowed to go to law school but she was part of a team and not on her own if I remember correctly.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They.use Glen How law firm worldwide.

Jw.org owns this firm. Office at Canada Branche.

And the local Branches has to pay the bill.

Money making! Follow the money.

https://www.wghow.ca

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Back in the day one of my friends was sent to school to be lawyer by the WTBTS. He wasn't even a Bethelite, just a pioneer. While he was going to school they had him work as a caretaker at the Jersey City assembly hall.

He told me there were 4 other brothers who they did the same thing with. When I asked him why they chose him, he said the c.o. selected him because the society asked them to find studious brothers that they felt were qualified.

On a side note he is one of the main lawyers on the child abuse case.

• careful
    careful

Phizzy, please provide the info and sources for the Sweden case! It sounds hot and like something that the org will doubtlessly try to hide...

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Funny enough I was in his congregation with him and his entire family in New Jersey. He was a very arrogant guy. Tried to give over the top talks all the time, but they never really touched anyone.

He was a newly married guy. Maybe 2 months. We were all out in service and his new wife of 2 months fell off a porch in service.

She was literally on the ground crying holding her ankle and he kept telling her to get up, you are embarrassing yourself.

He LITERALLY WALKED AWAY AND LEFT HER THERE. She was still there crying and a few sisters helped her up. He literally was laughing at his own wife

She limped back over to him and carried on like nothing happened.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah, Goatlike had a video up just yesterday. He relates how the WT in Sweden lost to the Supreme court in showing those 'disturbing videos' to audiences including children.

It would be interesting should other countries follow suit like that...

Just on an interesting side note, ExJW Critical thinker had a video up on there channel too. Lady C was interviewing a woman who was in her 70's and has woken-up to TTATT. Its a very interesting time. You have long-time lifers who have been in the Borg for many decades coming to realize TTATT about the Borg.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    millie21018 hours ago

When we look at the legal representation they used in Australia to defend themselves it was a mixture, wasn't it?

I would reccomend anyone who has not watched the videos concerning the JW`s in this case. I urge you to do so ,especially the newbies here ,it is an eye opener ,

With certain members ,Elders giving tetimony and waiting for the "Spirit" to put words in their mouths ,words that never came .Matt.10:18-20.

The ARC ,case number 29 and case number 54,with Geoffrey Jackson the Australian GB member ,vin Toole the jw lawyer and the Elders that were called upon to testify.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SILENT BUDDHA:

Wow, the hypocrisy is just staggering!

They quietly look for ‘studious types’ to send to college because it will benefit the RELIGION.. But, yet they will tell the rank & file JWs that college and careers are evil.👎🏻

The religion couldn’t care less if the average JW can even put food on their table, as long as they are ignorant and compliant. I despised the religion’s stand against college/careers. Thankfully, I never paid any mind to their stupid talk and am Retired today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit