According to YouTube Egyptian bethel closing and special pioneer's

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    According to you tubers Mike and Kim and son of thunder, Egyptian branch closing. Son of thunder is saying he has relatives that we're running bethel in Egypt for years and they have been let go reassigned as special pioneers yet according to him this job no longer pays a wage. He also states that 5000 total bethelites world wide are being let go. Just thought I would let everyone know and it's interesting to find out that being special no longer pays..
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Very interesting since there is no such thing as an Egyptian Bethel and never has been. The work is strictly forbidden and there is no such thing as special pioneers in that country. The handfull of JWs are VERY strictly monitored and keep an extremely low profile.

"Egyptian Bethel" - yeah, sure, a well-informed source. Nonsense.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    This is not an official bethel because their under ban it's a house or building possing as a business.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The OldHippie

**Very interesting since there is no such thing as an Egyptian Bethel and never has been. The work is strictly forbidden and there is no such thing as special pioneers in that country. The handfull of JWs are VERY strictly monitored and keep an extremely low profile.

"Egyptian Bethel" - yeah, sure, a well-informed source. Nonsense.**

Good pick-up.LOL

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
  • steve2
    steve2

Are Mike and Kim aware that there is no open, legitimnate organization of JWs in Egypt and most certainly no "Bethel"?

I'd hope they'd check stories out thoroughly before running with them!

In this year's JW Yearbook, Egypt is not one of the listed lands but is presumably included in the "other lands" category where the witnessing work is banned.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'd very very sceptical about any branch facility being in an unstable Islamic country, what next the branch in Saudi Arabia is merging with Kuwait? and WTF would they even need a branch facility there, there is probably a mere handful or jw's in the whole of every single Arabic country in North Africa and the Middle East, surely the branch in Lebanon is suffice

ZAPPA the wondrous Susana Hoffs!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny how the WTS has never complained about JWs being "under ban" in Egypt.

This is the first I've heard of it.

• steve2
    steve2

I note that the Yearbook simply states "30 other lands". In years passed, it would elaborate that in some of these lands, the work is "banned". In others, it is against the law for any group to proselytize so it may well be that the Witnesses are not "officially" banned but the operate under the radar.

For example, in Singapore, you will not be hauled into prison for reading Watchtower literature - but you may well lose your job if you do not participate in standing for the national anthem and/or be imprisoned if you refuse to comply with the strict requirement that all males 18 years and older must engage in military training.

I did an employment stint in Signapore and every onw and then the Singapore Straits Time would report that specified individuals either lost their jobs or were imprisoned for their beliefs. Certainly JWs do not do any door-to-door work in that country and there is zero tolerance for incidental "witnessing". But are JWs actually, formally banned? That is a moot point when you are prevented from engaging in the very activity that is your hallmark activity.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I will post this again, apparently this is a building posing as a business, yes they are under ban. Just like in Israel the witnesses pose as another group altogether.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit