Talking to a Jehovah`s Witness .Ask the right questions .

by smiddy3 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ wanton

How can JWs and Roman Catholic who share common denominators which is the CSA, who both claim they are the channel to God through their spokesmen

and one remains a channel to GOD(the WTBTS)?

the other remain the EMPIRE OF FALSE RELIGION(the Roman Catholic)?.....using the BINOCULARS of WTBTS

How will a JW resolve the issue up there?

• GregW
    GregW

I think the basic root of the problem with people getting involved with the WTS is that they are usually quite bible ignorant, having no theological training whatsoever, from there the WTS indoctrinates people through their own unique interpretations and people embrace them without critical evaluation.

The most often question asked JWS when they are out preaching is how the JWS say the end is near and give dates and supposed times when the main stream Christian religions do not ?

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I don't think there's any questions that get through to the dyed in the wool JW because they believe that shit 100% as I used to do also.

With me it was looking at Scriptures and looking at the org. Jesus said "come to me all you who are toiling and loaded down and I will refresh you." Why did I seldom feel refreshed after attending the meetings? Why were we being loaded down with petty rules? And why did Jesus say "come to me" when we were knocking on doors telling people to "come to the WT organisation“? That is just one example.

• cha ching
    cha ching

What if someone who is awake, answered on the ZOOM meeting, in a ROBOTS voice. "I will listen, obey, and be blessed, I will do what I am told even if it is not logical from a human viewpoint" 😄

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

cha ching

And if they added to that " what , do you think I am an imbecile or insane ?"

• pontoon
    pontoon

Ask what is wrong with taking up an independent (from Watchtower) study of the bible. After they stumble around for an answer say show me that in the bible.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent questions pontoon! Short and sweet and very revealing.

Follow up:

Isn't that exactly what the Bereans did and were commended for?

• Overrated
    Overrated

When you start asking thinking questions and then get called of being a borderline apostate for asking question or you ask questions and no body has any answers except "you'll just have to wait on Jeehober " then you come to the realization that these people make this sh#t up as they go.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""When you start asking thinking questions and then get called of being a borderline apostate for asking question or you ask questions and no body has any answers except "you'll just have to wait on Jeehober " then you come to the realization that these people make this sh#t up as they go.""

That's cuz they haven't got a clue, and leave you hanging. Waiting on 'Jeehober' is an escape ''clause'' on important, pertinent questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit