Talking to a Jehovah`s Witness .Ask the right questions .

by smiddy3 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Harry
    Harry

Are they preaching an accurate and honest presentation of Jesus's gospel of his new Kingdom order under his instructions or the Watchtowers Corporation's instructions ?

Add in that its only been the JWS who have been proclaiming what happened in 1914 and the following years thereafter .  

Are they preaching doctrines strategically devised to enhance literature sales ?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

CSA = Child Sexual Abuse

• waton
    waton
    CSA = Child Sexual Abuse

Vdh, but so have the boy scouts and even lady school teachers.

that is not a unique wt jw issue with which to nail them. imho

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

How many times does Christ return?

If he came invisibly 1914 to inspect the 'religions' and chose the bible students in 1919, does he come again invisibly 'again' and is it invisibly, or will every eye will see him? It says every eye will see him.

And.

In John 6:53, it talks about how unless you drink the wine and eat the bread, there is no life in you. Since the vast majority of JW;s refuse the emblems, how can there be life in you?

Those were some questions I was confronted with when coming across someone who knew their bible when FS. And stumped. I admit. I just felt like a complete idiot trying to answer,( blah, blah, stammer )

You See, this is what causes dissonance, eventually doubt and then...

OHH, if I were someone at the KH and the phone rang and it was Christine/Bridgette from AZ, I would just dread it. LOL, She puts those guys right over a barrel. ROFL.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The question posed in the opening Post is one I asked a number of JW's over the years. I had to add the word "unique" in front of the word Doctrine, or they would simply list things that other Christian groups teach, but it would be necessary for them to have at least one unique Doctrine then, that is still taught as truth today, for Jesus to choose that little band of Rutherfordites over far more suitable groups,

Of course, there is not one such Doctrine. I went through this whole argument with one Elder, and after it all he said " Well I think there is enough proof to satisfy me that Jesus chose the J.W's ( as he called them, a name that came later) in 1919". I asked what that proof was, and I won't bore you with the very weak argument he gave, but in the end I gave up.

I am sure that by asking the question of a good number over the years I have planted seeds, I hope so, but Logic, Reason, Facts and Truth do not matter to those Mind Controlled by the Cult.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They might respond that Jesus gave them authority in Matthew 28.

And if they did do that just politely point out to them that they do not " Baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit" so they are not following Jesus Christs instructions there either.

And the organization claims to be the only religion to follow 1st century Christianity as instructed by the Bible.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Merry Christmas Waton,

I just defined CSA for ya. It was Longlive's argument.

I'm not sure about the Boy Scouts. But perhaps he might argue that churches like the Catholic Church have finally openly admitted their error, removed guilty persons from office and attempted to make reparations. The WTS, on the other hand hypocritically condemns other churches, often refuses to report pedophiles in it's ranks, protects them if there aren't witnesses to the molestations and has to be dragged to court to make reparations.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

What has your religion ever been right about?

Why did you become a JW and take it from there.

You need to give them something to think about later but we all know the constant stream of information from the WT keeps them from really ever thinking about anything but that.

Really thought there's probably not much you can say unless you happen to say it at the right time. Even JWs admit that most of the preaching work is coincidence based. Go to the same houses over and over and over knowing that eventually some tragedy is going to make some people receptive. I know some people that would find people to write to by reading the obituaries.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'You need to give them something to think about later but we all know the constant stream of information from the WT keeps them from really ever thinking about anything but that.'

You hit the nail on the head. That about sums it up. Having their thinking done for them.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Critical Thinking is discouraged in Jwland. Once you start using your brain you realize that it's crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit