Your work is not in vain! Thank You!

by de-opresso-liber 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum de-opresso-liber. It's great to hear you and your wife have both made your escape.

In our area, several elders, ministerial servants and pioneers are actively and openly sharing info with each other daily.

That is really encouraging to hear. Best wishes.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Here in the cleveland area I feel I'm the only one who woke up

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome to the real world, D-O-L.

I've been out about 5 years now. It's amazing how the mind control of the watchtower dissipates the longer you're out.

Hopefully, you can just get on with living.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Good to have you with us. I'm glad you and your wife are awake. It's really good to know that many who are really involve with this cult like pioneers and elders are finding out what reality is and heping one another. It feels like there is an underground of awake and aware JWs sharing information and supporting each other. Thanks for sharing this news.

• freddo
    freddo

Welcome indeed. Very encouraging.

• de-opresso-liber
    de-opresso-liber

Thanks everyone. Will keep you all in the loop as more develops, but for now: Freedom!!!!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When I woke up I too thought I was alone in my area. I helped to wake up a friend and then through him I started to realize how many others have left the cult. Most left because of the way they were treated or saw how others were treated. I think these awakening are starting a snow ball effect.

People are still going to allow loved ones to talk with them and hear some of what they have to say. No matter how hard they try it can't be stopped. The right placed phrase or sentence sometimes is all that's needed by a friend or loved one to start someone down the road to freedom.

I think some of the things being said by the cult leader is yes a disclaimer against lawsuits but also an attempt to make excuses so people will cut them a brake and stay. The cat is out of the bag though and thousands are leaving with very few to replace them the cult leaders are worried!

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

Welcome and thanks for the encouraging experiences, so glad you're wife has woke up too as that makes the process sooo much easier.

We have a similar situation where I live in the UK with many waking up including a number of elders, the c.o. has even said to a number of people that there is a big apostasy problem on this circuit and he is going to 'stamp it out'. Personally I don't think his shoes are big enough! This kind of stuff fills me with joy.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome d-o-l to you and your wife ,that is certainly very good news to hear.

And very encouraging .

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome d-o-l!!!!

It's fantastic to hear more and more are thinking things through and leaving. The religion is really only for people that need to be told how and what to think. The more they dig their heels in on that, the more cognitive dissonance will occur with many...not all...but many.

Strength for the journey...it's worth it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit