Warwick, Queensland, Australia: Elders covered up rape of young girl

by wifibandit 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

What is "digitally raped"? Or am I missing something.

this quote is especially damning...

Barrister Robbie Davies told the court the girl, who was not even a teenager at the time, reported the abuse to the church three years later, in 2002, and they "made their own inquiries".

As a result, Harvey was "ostracised" from the church for three years but the matter was not reported to police.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Fingers = digits

Horrible.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Problemaddict,

Your fingers are digits.

LRG

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That's crazy, they know he did it but still didn't report it to the police! What's up with the parents down there, why don't they report this stuff to the police?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I applaud the woman in the gallery who yelled "you sleaze!"

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Wifi, thank you for posting the link. I've tweeted and facebooked it with personal comments. I know there are jdubs who knew me and follow my posts. It's good to have informative links to share with their hoity-toitynesses.

Marina

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

HOw does the judge know if he raped anyone else? The elders aren't talking! Abusers choose their victims strategically.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Any elders who became aware of it and did not report, should also be criminally charged as "accessory to the fact"!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "Any elders who became aware of it and did not report, should also be criminally charged as 'accessory to the fact'!"

I suspect that's coming, at least in some cases.

The days of avoiding prosecution by playing the "freedom-of-religion" and "clergy/penitent-confidentiality" cards are numbered.

Public outrage can only be ignored for so long.

• flipper
    flipper

Jesus Freaking Christ ! Was the Australia commission all for naught ? Does this judge Andrews have fucking soft mush for brains ? What's the use of the hours upon hours of Australia Commission testimonies- if the damned Australian courts aren't going to follow the recommendations ? Where did this judge come from anyway- fucking Pluto ?

Is the judge this stupid- or else just a pedophile himself in secret ? To have it become an 8 month sentence after having been reduced from 2 years - is unconscionable and quite frankly - the sentence handed down should be illegal in and of itself for being SO light !

If I was that girl's attorney I'd be challenging and appealing my ass off on behalf of a stiffer sentence for this creep. I agree with Breakfast of Champions - kudos to the lady who yelled in court to the abuser " you sleaze " ! Something's up. That poor victim has to suffer all over again in court and see her abuse minimized by a tap on the wrist sentence to the abuser. I hope all governments go after WT leaders for this child abuse crap happening

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit