Warwick, Queensland, Australia: Elders covered up rape of young girl

by wifibandit 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Smiddy - Is it not a criminal offence to know about a crime and not report it to the police / Law /authorities ?

Yes it is, or was, a criminal offence. In English common law it is called "misprison of felony". Here is a wikipedia link explaining it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misprision_of_felony

The link says the offence has been abolished in NSW, "and other Australian States and Territories". However, I am pretty sure that it survives in at least one major Australian State.

The offence itself is only a misdemeanor. At a guess, the reason we haven't heard of any prosecutions may be that there are statute of limitations issues, or that misdemeanor convictions don't often get reported in the newspapers.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Stupid, stupid assholes - agreed.

And they're evil as well. They know what they did. They covered up the sexual abuse of a pre-teen girl.

Absolutely disgusting.

Edited to add: thanks, Shepherdess. I was wondering if the elders lack of reporting was a crime. This needs to be pursued, if possible. Those elders deserve to face criminal charges.

• JHK
    JHK

Watchtower "Spotlight"...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

shepherdless - "...when the Judge says he took those matters into consideration, it does not mean that they made any significant difference to the outcome. He is just stitching up one avenue of appeal."

Ah, okay.

That does make more sense.

I guess the Judge isn't so stupid, after all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Esse quam videri - "...Ironic or Prophetic?"

As Captain Jack Sparrow once said regarding genius and insanity, "it's remarkable how often the two coincide"... :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Smiddy - "Is it not a criminal offence to know about a crime and not report it to the police / Law /authorities?"

shepherless - "Yes it is, or was, a criminal offence. In English common law it is called 'misprison of felony'."

In Canada and the US, we categorize it under "aiding and abetting".

And there's a reason the police can threaten someone with that charge in order to get vital information; you can get into some serious shit if it's demonstrated that you've done it.

• zeb
    zeb

The Arc has no power to enforce but it will at the end make a strong series of recommendations to the federal government of the day as to what should be done in law. The sentence can be appealed but this would have to be by the Dept of prosecution in that state and (I haven't read of the actual case) would possibly happen. Some turn around have been achieved by the use of email petitions for example.

The offender will find his months inside will not be any holiday. Crims whatever their faults are often parents and the treatment they measure out to paedophiles is often harsh. Hot coffee thrown only takes a second etc.

see also my pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit