J.W.`s and Paradise and the Reality of it.

by smiddy3 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Onager
    Onager

My main wake up moments were two stage. I realised that evolution was true but, more important was when I found out just how much the Creation book was misquoting and bending the facts to make it's arguments.

Then when I realised that the Flood story was impossible, I also realised that it fit in perfectly with the view of the world of the time.

People often talk of the puzzle pieces falling into place, but sometimes it's just as important how the puzzle pieces fit together.

• carla
    carla

"

EverApostate4 days ago

I was once told by an elder that Armageddon Survivors won’t miss their dead (non JW) friends and relatives in the new world because Jah would wipe their minds off their memories.

Feel like throwing up when I think of this now."-

Just think, jw's look forward to forgetting their non jw spouses, children, parents and extended family and friends. This is what non jw's cannot understand when trying to tell them how horrible the jw's really are.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Onager - "...more important was when I found out just how much the Creation book was misquoting and bending the facts to make it's arguments..."

Yup, and pretty much why they discontinued its use... it became too easy to refute what it said.

And it didn't even contain much of their own "reasoning" on it, either... like, 90"% of the stuff in it was cribbed from "Worldy" creationist sources.

Jeezus, if the only way creationists can repudiate evolution is by using sleazy lawyer tactics, WTF's that say about the creationist? Or creationism?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Another thing that, in retrospect, helped was the increasing quality and sophistication of Hollywood disaster movies.

Particularly anything Roland Emmerich did.

(meant to be a joke, but... also kinda true)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit