J.W.`s and Paradise and the Reality of it.

by smiddy3 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I don't know how it doesn't disturb them that over 7 billion people have to die to make way for their paradise

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

IMPO, a number of non-Jdubs who are, in WT's thoughts and who would be annihilated, are the ones with the skill sets and know-how to keep Planet Earth operating. Sorry, but many Dubs (especially since many do not have college/university, nor trade/technical school experience) will not be able to get civilization up and running after the Big A. So, if WT's paradise is to become a reality--just like in their many artists' illustrations--they would need very, very skilled/talented people to take care of vital resources (such as: plumbing, electricity, solar energy, waste disposal, architecture, agriculture, etc.).

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I don't believe there was ever a "Garden of Eden" with an Adam and Eve, and I don't believe there will ever be a utopian paradise where anybody lives forever, JW or not.

The longer I have been away from the JWs, the more I realize how utterly nonsensical either story is.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I always figured that with everyone naked, we'd be too busy to worry about such mundane things. DOC, I just had a flash of all the old Governing Bodies parading around and throwing up in the air all the pedifile reports as they danced with glee and can't imagine anyone else wanting to be there with them...

• Biahi
    Biahi

Didn't someone say that in the new system, we no longer would have genitals? So, if everyone is naked, so what? Lol

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

No KFC, no football, boxing,no fishing, no Coca-Cola. When you think about it a boring life.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

JDubs can not wrap their brain around what it will be like when everything is shut down with no power, running water, or refrigeration for food. Just clearing the land of decaying bodies and rubble will take hundreds of years.

Most JDubs will say that they don't worry about it because he will just wave his magic wand paradise will be here.

We went to an outside wedding two weeks ago and my wife complained about the heat and humidity. I told just wait until after Armageddon when you won't have power or air conditioning or even a running fan. She looked a little worried.

• Ireneus
  • Onager
    Onager

Could you give a summary of what prophecies you think are true? I'm not going to click on a link that could send me Dog knows where.

• Half banana
    Half banana

A serious consideration of a perfect life in a perfect world is soon realised to be cloying and inhuman not to mention the problem of infrastructure. Are JWs going to dispense with worldly technology and return to the Stone Age? It would be fitting because intellectually that's where they belong. However paradise is never going to happen unless humans can arrange it.

If paradise is the return to pre-lapsarian (lovely word!) Eden with JC having paid off Adam's sin then how will it be? A petty god still demanding obedience, a woman egged on by another snake and boom boom: disobedience--it could all end in tears again!

The great thing about leaving the JW cult is that you can live a normal life and think for yourself --the relief is exhilarating bye the way and all JWs should try it. . . The notion of Adam and Eve, paradise and Armageddon are mere fictions from the Biblical myths. Real life deals with real events and is more exciting. Eagles don't fly with pigeons!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit