Hypothetical Question...

by JW_Rogue 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I was just thinking that the org has said lots of outrageous things over it's history and most JWs just continue onward without a second thought. So my question is what do you think would have to be said from the platform or WT to get people to get up and walk out immediately? Is it even possible?
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I have notice in my wives congregation there are a few who refuse to make stupid comments. I wonder to what degree they are awake.

Unfortunately at least two elders seem to be narcissistic bullies who I know willing go out of their way to say especially stupid and cultist things to see whose eye rolled and get them on the shit list.

“ The truth today might not be the truth tomorrow but even if a person left the truth over a doctorial issue that was later changed it is important to keep shunning them for disagreeing with the FTS “.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

The problem is though, ever since THAT article from a few years back that said "we should be willing to do whatever, no matter how strange or unusual the direction are from the FDS", witnesses are ready to accept ANYTHING!

Its like they have been pre-conditioned to turn off any doubtful questioning or reasoning ability!Even though the BIBLE says to use "your perceptive powers"....

• prologos
    prologos
    The hall has been sold and the new owners will pay a premium if it could be cleared before this meeting officially ends. $$$$$
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Watchtower has decided that the paradise earth is not real."

"The organization of Watchtower is the false prophet."

Printed in a magazine: "We blew it, we spent all the money and need more. God didn't bless us. We really don't have any clue what we are doing. And when you all accepted 'overlapping generation,' we laughed for days."

"We are immediately starting tithing of 10% and we will need your tax returns for 3 years."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''We all must be ready to obey any instructions we receive, whether they seem strategic from a human standpoint or not''

I believe that was the November 15, 2013 edition of the WT

What they're really saying is something along the line of ''obey every word we may say, even if it doesn't coincide with the Bible''. ''We are implementing a 10% tithing policy''. That's why I think they even snuck in the word ''tithe'' in that ''silver sword'' bible released a couple of years ago.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Members of the GB all moved to Madagascar and there is no funds left

in the WT account. That may cause some to think.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"So my question is what do you think would have to be said from the platform or WT to get people to get up and walk out immediately? Is it even possible?"

I'm sure there is plenty they can say which will turn some of them off but nothing will faze the hard core.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

All any statement needs is the preface comment of, "The SLAVE says. . ."

It will be swallowed whole.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    So my question is what do you think would have to be said from the platform or WT to get people to get up and walk out immediately?

Recanting on the doctrine of the ransom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit