Do You Think That Belonging To Certain Political Parties Suggests You Are Uneducated or Poor?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I hear some people say that if you are a Republican or Democrat that you must not be very educated, intelligent or monetarily stable.

Do you think it’s proper to paint any person as less than favorable because of their political opinions??

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I don't think it is proper to think less of a person regardless of their opinion? People are constantly changing and evolving. Being Republican or Democrat doesn't drive me nuts, but it is when they go to the extreme left or right, is when things go wonky. The problem happens when the Us verses Them mentality kicks in.

• minimus
    minimus

Tam, well said!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, Min, there are rich and poor democrats, rich and poor republicans, rich and poor independents.

It's just that in a recent Fox News Poll, the poorer democrats and independents tend to have teeth and not play the banjo.

Rub a Dub

• paradiseseeker
    paradiseseeker

Nope. That only happens with religion.

• TD
    TD

Do you think it’s proper to paint any person as less than favorable because of their political opinions??

How about members of The American Nazi Party? (Later known as The New Order)

Should we be broad-minded and impartial?

• minimus
    minimus

T d good point

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "Do you think that belonging to certain political parties suggests you are uneducated or poor?"

No.

Being uneducated or poor often makes one more susceptible to political demagoguery, though.

• minimus
    minimus

I was playing words with friends with someone the other night new person, and they asked me out of the clear blue with my political affiliation was. I answered and the woman started using profanity toward Trump and me for liking Trump. She said anyone that likes Trump must be a pig like him! I told her I did not want to get into a confrontation I was merely playing words with friends. She then the next day sent me a message saying I’m sorry for calling you a pig. LOL these people are crazy!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Life is too nuanced and complicated for all that.

I've changed my political views a couple of times now.

Obviously, being in the UK, I do not really follow American politics. The politicians in the UK are bad enough without worrying about other countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit